Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

An Ugly Failure -OPEN-

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

An Ugly Failure -OPEN- Empty An Ugly Failure -OPEN-

Post  Erosaf Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:50 pm

With a shower of sparks the two blades met once more in the air. Their owners were sweating profusely as both refused to give an inch. It was a fight that most of the elves and humans around them were watching. Some with fear, for the elves could see that Gem was struggling in her fight, though the humans were pleased and exuberant at the moment, for their king seemed to be holding his own against the much younger elf.

She knew she was losing, but it was something she refused to give in to. This was a fight that she had thought to the death, for that was what she had implied if she won. For if she could win, even though things seemed so dire as Corellon rose and blocked Garrik once more, she had promised that she would slay the human before her, to his face. She knew though that if she lost, he would not kill her. No, he would enslave every last member of her race, but she had a counter attack planned for that one.

The eyes burned in their sockets as she continued to struggle in the fight, Auraka and the others knew not to step in and help her, this was her destiny to win the freedom of everyone from Lindan Marcos. To do so, or die. Gaelira had since been overpowered, and though she yet lived on, she lay in a crumpled heap, Rhothilion standing with a sneer on his blue scaly mouth over her. She could help her rider no more at the moment. Nor could Gem help her right now, and that was something that she did not need.

Gem winced as a fierce blow struck down her side, and though the strength of the blow nearly knocked her to the ground she managed to get enough strength back to stagger away from the blow before she was knocked over. Blood ran down her cheek from a blow that had hit her helm and send the dragon the guarded her nose down into her cheek, tearing the flesh there. She was breathing hard, but still her body refused to give in to what she knew was going to be an inevitable defeat. She knew she had failed, but she fought on still, she would not stop until her sword was gone from her hand.

And then it happened. Garrik came out of nowhere, striking her across the chest and knocking her off balance. Then the blue blade swung down, rapping into her gauntleted hand and forcing Corellon to fall. The white sword seemed to fall in slow motion as it fell and sent dirt spraying everywhere as it collided with the ground. Garrik rose once more and knocked her to the ground. With a struggle she managed to get back onto her back, but she knew she had not the strength to stand once more.

“I win!” sneered the human king. “Looks like you have to honour the deal you made with me, niece.” He seemed to sneer down at her with his face, and not a single elf moved, they knew not what the deal was that she had made.

“You'll have to catch us first, as was promised. That means you have to let me and my brethren go, so that you can hunt us down,” Gem spat back at him.

“Do what you like. We will start hunting for every last elf tomorrow,” Lindan Marcos growled, before stomping away. He was grinning internally as he left, she had no idea of the horrors he had planned for her people.

Keya winced, ignored by her father as she ran to help her cousin up. Gem was very unstable on her feet, she was bleeding in a dozen different places, her arms, legs, torso and head. It was Keya who picked up Corellon, she did not withhold it from Gem as her father had commanded but instead she slipped it back into its sheathe. “Come on Gem, lets get you back to your camp,” she murmured, as her cousin started to walk very unsteadily back toward her camp.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

An Ugly Failure -OPEN- Empty Re: An Ugly Failure -OPEN-

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:39 am

Glenawing

He hung his head in anger, shame and frustration, he rubbed his eyes. He turned around and began to pace back and forth wondering what to do, his people now would be hunted like animals by humans because of this defeat. He cracked his neck and his knuckles and looked at Suraj, "Ready the men we attack immediately and we will destroy the humans.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 am

At that particular moment gem happened to be passing by with Keya. She stopped to glare at Glenawing. "No. We go back to the forest where we can defend ourselve easier. I still have a plan, Glenawing." not to mention it was she who gave the orders, not him. "We will not attack them until we're back where we are safest."
    Keya looked at Glenawing. "I will stall them as long as I can, hopefully you'll be back in the forest by then." She managed a smile. "I'll never be an enemy no matter what."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:57 am

Glenawing

He looked at Keya, "If we wait we will fall Keya we must attack when the humans celebrate and are un prepared." He continued to pace, "Don't fight with him go against him Keya." my forces move in as we meet, Gem nor Auraka are in the situation to make decisions, we will carry out my plan and destroy their armies."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:03 am

"No!" Gem glared at him. "Did you not hear a word either of just said. i noticed you ignored me, Glenawing. I may have just lost, but only that fight, I haven't given up, I know what I'm doing. You lose any men because of this foolishness and I won't be taking the blame from their families you will. I won't authorize this. The forest is where we can defend ourselves best, not out here."

Keya sighed. "Clearly you misunderstood me, Glen. I'm not on his side."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:07 am

Glenawing

He looked at her, "I'm ready to take that blame Gem." he turned to Keya, "Never mind that." he put his hands behind his back, "If we wait he will rally his forces and with your loss he will undoubtly win through sheer luck and charisma Gem," he paused, "His forces out number us five to one and even in the forest we won't be able to manure as easily with the dragons or calvery, practically it doesn't make sense."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 am

"If you were to follow Gem's plan Glenawing no one else would have to die on either side. I will make sure her plan works, I know every single part of it, Glen." Keya knew though it was one that Auraka would not like. She sighed though knowing this was pointless.

Gem winced, she had no energy left for arguing with this elf. He made her so angry at times.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:16 am

Glenawing

He shrugged, "Too bad my plan's already being executed." he looked to Gem, "If you think of peace Marcus will never listen."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:48 pm