Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Where is our daughter?

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Where is our daughter? Empty Where is our daughter?

Post  Erosaf Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:33 am

It took some getting used to, living here in Felarathael. None of the things that were on the islands were the same as what the elves were used to back in the days of Nuban. Fifiteen years since they had left Keya on her father's throne it had been and their children were strong and happy now. And though she knew that she was getting older now, she was nearing her hundredth birthday, Gem knew that should the peace hold that they had, she would not step down until she she was well into her late two hundreds. Though years flew by, she did not age like normal humans would, she looked to be about forty years old now.

However all was not well in Meadowbrook. One of their daughters had been kidnapped a year and a half ago, and no one had seen the beautiful blonde haired girl that was Princess Pollae. Hybur and Meira were worried about their sister, but at the moment nothing had been told of her whereabouts. Gem still had people searching, there was no chance that she was going to allow the same thing to happen to her children as it had to her own sisters. That much she knew, though she also knew that whoever had her daughter did not want to be found.

If they had wanted to be found, they would have allowed her to be returned by now. It was then that the throne room doors opened once more and a tall but much younger male elf, around the same age as the missing Princess, came in. He had long red hair and green eyes. She knew from a glance that he was one of the Taror elves, though she had not anticipated him coming, for she knew that he was one of the elves on the Moon Dragon Island, not the one that Drannor was on like the rest of his kin.

He bowed in the traditional elven way before speaking. “Una stella deve brillare sull'ora del nostro incontro, Regina Gem ar' Re Auraka." At least he was one of the Moon Weyr elves who respected that Gem and Auraka were the overall leaders, not their own island lords.

“What is it?” Gem asked once he rose once more.

“I bring something of some interest to you both, Your Majesty. A letter from your daughter, Pollae which she had me bring herself.”

“Show me.”

He walked forwards and then passed her a furled scroll then backed off again. “I will answer any questions that rise after you read this.”

Gem unrolled it then gasped as she recognized her missing daughter's fluent script. He was telling the truth then was he? She quickly read the letter before passing it to Auraka as well.

Dear Mother and Father,

I know you must be worried sick about me at the moment. At the moment, I am safe, but I cannot leave where I am or things will get bad. One of the other girls my age, there are eleven of us here, tried to leave and was caught. The consequences which the other ten of us were forced to watch, are not pleasant if we try.

Trying to write to those who are outside where we are also is frowned upon, but Valmaxian [the elf in front of you] has agreed to take the letter for me. He knows how to get out without being caught, and I trust him. The people who have me and the other girls here say that our lives outside of where we are, are over, but I don't believe him.

Valmaxian at least is nice to me, none of the other men are, but then again he's someone who comes in from outside to do all the cooking so I don't count him as one of the abysmal group who run this place. As far as I am aware none of the Moon Dragons know of this place so there is no chance of them finding me, even if they have been searching their island.

It would not be wise for Gaelira to come, as I know that there are some here who would love to kill her, and anyway she would be powerless here. I have heard other elves talking about her being an issue and it seems they plan to kill her, and I would never want that to happen. Night time is the same time as daytime here, there is no sun for her to gather strength over this island. No, Rasjar would be the bets option here, as he would have as much power as any of the other Moon Dragons here. Please heed this though I know it will be hard for Gaelira to stay behind.

Please trust Valmaxian, he will not lead you astray. I cannot write more, for they keep checking in on me,

I know you will both come for me, for it seems I have your gift, mother,

Pollae

Gem could see that she seemed almost fond of the male elf before her, but that was something she had not been expecting. She knew that Meira and Taeron were dating of course, but Pollae finding someone? It was hardly expected. Now though she waited for Auraka to finish reading what her daughter had said. Gaelira was certainly put out by the idea of remaining behind.

OOC: 903 words Surprised
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Where is our daughter? Empty Re: Where is our daughter?

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:27 am

Auraka sat beside his wife and queen, eyes roaming her beautiful and never aging face it seemed. Despite the massive age gap between them, they were in love. Adoration and love was the only feelings he held towards his true mate, and over the years many things had made the bond grow stronger.

But the loss of their daughter, his beautiful baby girl Pollae had made him worry like never before. The normal care free and loving act seemed to have lessened as time passed, and seeming like an age only a year and a half had passed. He had another daughter and another son, and he was known to be overprotective nowadays due to their sisters kidnapping. They might of been in their 16th, an adult in human times, but he always kept them in sight of himself or the guards.

He wouldn't lose another child.

Not that he had given up on Pollae, not by any means. He would keep searching until he found her and anyone that had dared to lay a hand on her would die a slow and painful death.

Not only had they taken his daughter, but at times it seemed as if they had taken part of Gem with her. He noticed the distant looks, the brave faces. She had to be strong, she was their queen. There was no choice.

Auraka wrapped his arm around her shoulders, tugging her to his chest with a soft sigh and kissed the top of her head, loving the feel of her silken waves against his lips.

As the door slammed open, he eyed the approaching red hair male and did not move from his position, despite ready to attack if he suddenly became a threat. His deep green orbs never left the traditional bowing elf, nodding his reply to the greeting.

At the mention of his missing daughter, his heart leapt in his chest but told himself not to get his hopes up. Letters did nothing; they were only words upon a page.

Reading over Gem's shoulder, he instantly knew this was by his own daughter’s hand. Taking it as she passed it to him, he read the words once more. His eyes once more darted to the elven man before him, studying up with emotionless orbs

"You and my daughter?" he asked gruffly, raising an eyebrow and breathed a sigh of relief "thank you...for letting us know she is safe, and that you have kept her...safe."

He hesitated for a moment, calling Rasjar with his mind and knew that he should trust this man before him.
    "I will ready Rasjar and myself and we shall go right away, I think she has been gone much longer then she should be....and those other girls..." he carried off with a tighten of his fist "we have to get them out of there."

"Valmaxian, will you lead me to our daughter?" he questioned "and you better be telling the truth with this letter, or I will kill you myself."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 am

The younger elf waited for a while they looked at the note their daughter had written, he knew they were certainly Pollae's parents. He could easily see parts of their daughter in both of them, and he knew they would hear him out at least. He was smart enough to know what to do in this sort of situation. "Of course I can. She did ask me to show you where they were."

Gaelira growled. "I don't like the idea of you two going in there alone." Clearly she was put out by the words referring to someone wanting her dead.

"Gaelira, I would rather not lose you," Gem replied, shifting to look at her dragon. The huge Sun Dragon was curled up along the opposite side of the rooom from Rasjar, curled up in the sun streaming through one of the windows. She was blinding to look at, but Gem was used to it.

"Fine." The Sun Dragon snarled, but she knew that if Gem refused to let her help, there was nothing she could do. She did not want to stay behind but she would now.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:51 am

Rasjar paced forwards, eyes flickering back to his annoyed mate and sighed softly.
    "I'll speak to her later," he told Gem and Auraka softly, though he was glad that she wasn't coming. He couldn't bare the thought of loosing her, not after seeing what Cyara had been though at the loss of Neldor.

"Thank you," he said to the younger elf with a nod of his head and hugged Gem tightly before pulling away with a stern look.
    "You're not coming," he told her "you need to stay here with the kids, I'll be back before you know it."

He looked to Gaelira, hoping she would agree.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:06 am

Gem laughed. It was more of a mocking laugh though at his comment about her staying behind with the other two kids. "Since when can you tell me what to do and have me actually follow those orders?" she asked. "Only Gaelira's in danger, not me." He knew that she was hard to beat in a fight, she'd only ever been beaten by himself.

"She's right, Auraka," Gaelira growled. "At least that way I'll know what's going on with you two anyway. I'll keep an eye on the young ones, as will the others in my weyr." She was not pleased at staying behind but if it was the best thing she could do then she would. "Once I would have sided with you, but I won't any more. If Gem knows she'll be fine, then that's good enough for me."

Gem could almost see the protest coming from Auraka and Rasjar about that one. There was no doubt in her mind that Auraka at least would not like this idea at all. But if it was one way of getting Gaelira to stay behind surely he would see sense after all. That was something she had thought about. “I already knew that you were going to tell me to stay behind, Auraka.”

Her eyes though had seen a few things that the others had not, and neither had her daughter. “Plus, I knew that this was coming eventually. When and to which of my children I knew not, I did not even know it was going to be one of our children, but I do know there are some things that even Pollae and Valmaxian don't even know about. A few traps and things that the people who have Pollae had set up in case someone did manage to get word out and send for help.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:54 am

"You are bonded," he reminded Gaelira and Gem "and I wont loose any more of my family. I can't risk you Gem..."
    He looked up at her with desperation in his green orbs, searching her face and hoping she would loose just this one battle against him. Rasjar bobbed his head in agreement.
    "You and Gaelira should stay Gem, we'd both do better without worrying over the both of you..." he told her gently, stretching out his nose and nuzzled the top of her blonde head.
    You know how much he worries...he whispered though the touch, not letting anyone else but Gaelira hear.

At the mention of her knowing this would happen, Auraka looked upon his wife with wide eyes and shook his head in disbelief.
    "Why didn't you tell me?" he whispered, sadness filling his eyes. There had been a time where she told him everything "we could of stopped this...we could still have our daughter here!"
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:18 am

"My gift is failing me at the moment, Auraka. That vision was not clear at all. All I knew was that someone's daughter was going to go missing. I could tell nothing from it at all. Now that its happened well... I know who." Him telling her off for not telling him about the vision stung. "I did not think it was something that related to any of the elves so I did not heed that vision."

She sighed. "And I am not staying behind, that will just cause me too much worry over you. I can defend myself and you know that!"
    "You may need her, My King. The others there will not just listen to you, even though you are a Moon Dragon rider. They ahve no choice but to listen to Queen Gem however."

Gaelria growled, clearly not changing her mind at all.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Auraka muttered something under his breath, sick of all this S234 that surrounded him. He didn't blame her. How could he? She was his world and he trusted her with everything he had.

"Fine," he grunted finally, a hand running though his thick tresses "but you better stay behind me...I mean it Gem. I won't loose you as well."
    He locked orbs with her, seeming half crazed with worry not only for her but his daughter as well. He was itching to go and get her, to bring her back home at last before who over had her could do anything more.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:22 pm

"I'm not an idiot, Auraka." And as if she could read his mind when she certainly couldn't she added, "Let's just go." She smiled though, it was the first time she had in a while. Though she was pregnant, it was barely a month in so you would not be able to tell. "I better let Ashlere know we're away though, just in case anyone wants me." She sighed. The joys of having a whole island looking up to you.

Ashlere just happened to come in then as well followed by her female golden dragon, Ramoth, daughter of Rasjar and Gaelira. Gem laughed as she saw her.

"Just when I happened to be talking about you, Ashlere."

Ashlere smiled. "Yes, Your Majesty?" She was not surprised, this had happened before.

"Auraka, Rasjar and I are heading off, to the Moon Dragons island. Think you could keep an eye on here?"

"Of course." Ramoth snorted, looking over at her parents, wondering what was going on. She was two years old now.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 pm

"I never said you were," he reminded her gently, turning his attention to Ashlere, his all but adopted daughter with a warm smile.

"Good morning Ashlere," he said with a tilt of his head as Rasjar padded his massive form with the clatter of claws and nuzzled his daughter's head gently with his large snout.

"Behave," he hummed towards her with a chuckle, shaking out his purple ringed scales and looked towards Auraka and Gem "let us fly."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:16 pm

"What do you need me for, eh?" Ashlere asked. “Morning, Auraka.”
    Her cousin, Gem, laughed. There was no doubt in her mind that Ashlere would be able to keep things in line now.
    The male elf in the room stared at Rasjar in alarm. "F...fly?" Valmaxian asked. Alas he hated large heights.
    Gem grinned. "Yes, fly." She hugged her cousin. “We'll be back as soon as we can be. See you soon? We have a bit to talk about.”
    “Go,” Ashlere laughed.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Auraka cocked an eyebrow at the young elf, nodding his head with slightly narrowed eyes. Honestly, his daughter had chosen a man that was scared of heights. What was she thinking?
    "Yes, fly, we will get to her quicker," he told the man, gesturing to Rasjar who lowered himself onto his belly so they could climb onto him.

A loud thud echoed though the hall and Auraka lifted his head to see Cyara's small black form, her head peering though a window.
    I'm coming,she voiced with a small growl, knowing for some reason that she had to come along.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Gaelira eyed Cyara as she landed, wondering. “What brings you after them?” she asked quickly. Could it be something to do with Drannor and the others? Or was it her brother? She too had felt the rise of energy somewhere else. Could Neldor be back? She did not dare get her hope up. Neldor has been missed by a lot of people.

“You can sit behind me,” Gem said, looking at Valmaxion. “Don't worry, Rasjar would never drop you.” She chuckled though as she leapt up easily, used to bigger heights from Gaelira. Gaelira snorted at that thought.
    It’s true Gaelira, Gem thought.
    The white dragon chuckled.

A little clumsily, Valmaxion climbed up. He was more than a little nervous. He did not like the idea of flying at all. “Just don’t drop me.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Cyara nodded her nobel head over so slightly to Gaelira, hoping and willing what they thought was true.
    "Fate and density is my calling," she murmured, seeming to make little sense as she caught Gaerlira's eye. They would all understand in time.

Rasjar chuckled as Auraka swung into the saddle, followed by Gem and the worried looking elf, nodding his head once more at Cyara before checking everyone was in place.
    "Stay safe Gaelira," he whispered before leaping into the air, Cyara not far behind.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Gaelira rumbled appreciatively. “I will.”
    Gem smiled. She would know if things were bad back here, they knew that. That was one of the reasons for her leaving her dragon here. So that there was no chance of losing her at the moment. After all, Gem was the leader of the Sun Dragon weyr at this time.
    “Let's go,” she chuckled.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:31 am