Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

An Errand of Sorts

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

An Errand of Sorts Empty An Errand of Sorts

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:05 am

The white wings moved them effortlessly through the air as Meira focused on the task at hand. At her side rested no sword, Gem had only just finished training her, but her sword was being made at the moment, she knew that.

Narimya and her were very pleased about this, though they knew that this was only an errand, it was nice to know that her mother had specificly asked Aunt Ashlere to send her to Drannor. She looked forwards to seeing her uncle and aunt, as well as of course, Taeron.

Soon they were diving towards the ground in the weyr and she could see Taeron sparring with the other elves. He seemed to be enjoying himself at the moment.

Narimya landed, causing several dusk dragons to take off in another direction immediately. Clearly Sun Dragons were not welcome here in the Dusk Dragon enclave, unless of course they were Gaelira. The white male snarled in annoyance at their reaction.

“Taeron!” Meira called. She knew it would distract him, but surely the mere sight of Narimya would have distracted the other elves anyway. If not, who was she to care? Only the crown Princess!
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

An Errand of Sorts Empty Re: An Errand of Sorts

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:33 am

Laughter filled the air as he danced with his blade, knocking one of his opponents to the ground, quickly followed by another and then another. It was an uneven spar, trained to keep the fighter in their toes and swift in movement. But the call of his name distracted him, so with a final blow he knocked the last of his opponents to the ground. Always the gracious winner, he offered a hand to help them to their feet before looking up at the call of his name.

"Meira!" he cried with delight, jogging over to her side as he rubbed the sweat from his brow "how have you been."

Not even seeming to think about it, he grabbed her and held her tightly into a hug, smiling from ear to ear. He missed her so much! But he guessed that it was his fault that he rarely saw her, having never truly acted on the feelings he felt towards the beautiful, crowned princess. She was like family, and was 4 years younger then him. Much to young to know the thoughts that ran though his head. She was only 16..but still the heart sought what it wanted.

"So," he asked, falling in beside her "whatcha doing here?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:39 am

She grinned at him when he gave her a hug. “An errand from Gem,” she replied. She smiled though, knowing he would want to know what was going on. “One which we need Drannor and Sahar's help for.” She chuckled. “You haven't visited in a while,” she teased him. Oh it felt good to see him again.

Narimya chuckled. “Focus Meira,” he said, knowing where her mind had gone.

“Nari!” she chuckled. But she did stop laughing. “It's kind of important. Gem sent me herself. Oh and by the way, I finished my training yesterday.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:54 am

"I would," he grinned in a teasing reply "but a dragon has yet to hatch to call me a friend, maybe someday."
    He sighed softly at the thought, saddened that he did not have the bond all of his family shared.

At least his twin didn't, he thought, or the last time he saw her at least.

"Well done!" he cheered, leading the way down to his family home as two toddlers ran in the front yard, his young looking mother resting on the front porch with many heavy lines framing her face. Her sadness filled her whole body, her even with meeting her sad green eyes you could see the longing and desperation she felt.

"Hey mum," he called, moving to her side and giving her a gentle hug as if she would break at his touch "is dad home?"

"He should be in the study..." she whispered, hugging him weakly in reply.

"Thanks....Raiwen!" he called his running little sister as she giggled "Tandil! Come say hi!"

The kids ran, clinging to his legs as he hugged them tightly.
    "Rai, Tan...meeting Meira," he introduced them, crouching down to whisper into his little sister's ear.

Her eyes widened, peering up at Meria's face with awe.
    "Are you really a princess?" she asked, hesitantly letting go of her older brother and approached Meria "Taeron says you are!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 am

“Hello Sahar,” Meira added, smiling at the older elf. Like the others she was just as respectful of those who were... well not so highly ranked as she was, as her mother was as well. Of course unless they did something wrong, then things got scary when it came to her and Narimya.

She smiled bending down to Raiwen's height. “Yeah I am, but honestly I don't see what's so great about it.” She smiled at the little girl. “it's nice to finally meet you two.”

As if he'd heard his name, which he likely had with that mind reading gift of his, Drannor appeared in the doorway. Soon as he saw Meira standing there he blinked and then bowed as he ought to. “Una stella deve brillare sull'ora del nostro incontro, Princepessa Meira.”

“No need for that Drannor,” Meira replied grinning at him, waving away the formalities easily enough. “I come on an errand, and though you've likely heard the full story from in my own head I'll repeat it out loud for the others who do not have that gift of yours.” She paused. “Gem asks that Sahar and yourself come to Meadowbrook. Faeron has returned from training with the Moon Dragons. However he is different. Gem and Auraka believe that this might be a recurrence of when that cursed Drian posessed Gem herself. She and the others are very worried about him.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 am

The little girl giggled, giving her a hug before grabbing her brother's hand and running away in the garden to play.

"She loves princesses...she's read a few to many human storybooks if you've asked me," he said with a shrug, nodding to his father as he appeared and he listened to the story that he had heard parts of from her mind himself.

His eyes went to his mother who didn;t appear to be listening and sighed softly, looking to his father before directing this thoughts in his direction.

Is mum strong enough?he asked softly, worry laced even his mental tones, she seems to be getting...weaker.

While he thought towards Drannor, he smiled slightly at Meira.
    "You forget, dear Meira, that I have my own father's talents," he grinned boyishly and tapped his temple "I read minds just as well as he."

But the smile lessened as his mind ticked over the facts. Faeron had returned, a friend from his long passed childhood it seemed, and was...possessed? By what? Answers he wanted to find, but he looked to his father for his response before speaking.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:00 pm

She sighed as she looked over at Sahar once more. “Sahar, my brother has gone to find Kasinda. He's figured out that she went back to Nuban, and he's gone after her. I think if what I saw earlier was a true vision like the ones my mother has, he's found her.” She hoped she would be able to get through to Sahar there.

“It was,” Drannor chuckled. “I have seen theses vision myself, your mother asked me to check out one a long ago,” he chuckled. He was smiling, and he certainly did seem more like his real self. His eyes moved over to his wife though, and so did he, moving over to sit next to her. “I don't know that Sahar will be able to travel, and you forget, I have no dragon now.”

At that Narimya laughed. “What are you thinking? That I would not carry you, leader of the Dusk Dragons?” he asked. “Plus a surprise waits for you, Drannor. One which you won't find a thing in my head about.” That last bit was aimed at Taeron as well as Drannor.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Sahar head lifted at the mention of her daughter, eyes growing slightly watery but she refused to let the tears to fall.
    "He found her?" she whispered in shock, blinking and swayed slightly before steadying herself "is she coming home?"

Her green eyes darted to her husband, a smile tugging at her sagging lips for the first time in months and a small sparkle of hope shone in their depths.
    "My baby's coming home!" she breathed, eyes flickered to Maith.

Taeron blinked in surprise at the sudden change in his mother, the life that was there had been missing for so very long. He looked from Meira to Sahar and then back to Meira, but said nothing.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:07 pm

“We're not sure yet. Gem's watching what's going on from what my brother sees. Its the only way. She can't see Kasinda's decisions like she can see anyone else's, so she has to watch from my brother. There's been talk of her coming back, but that's all I know, Sahar.” She sighed. “She's in Nuban, but I can't look, because I'm not strong enough.”

She shrugged. “I have no idea how this works, I'm only just discovering the strength of my foresight, I've only had it for a month or two. Mother hopes that I'm different, that I will be able to see Kasinda the normal way. I'm not sure though.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Sahar nodded sadly, but the sparkle of hope stayed. She would hold onto her words, refusing to let them go until she had her daughter in her arms once more.

"I'm sure you are doing well," she smiled slightly at Meira, nodding slightly to Taeron who seemed to bounce in place beside her.
    "Are we going then?" she asked Drannor.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:43 pm

"It is your choice if you want to come, Sahar. I certainly am going, I promised Gem I would always come if she asked. Plus something tells me that Meadowbrook is where I should be at the moment, but I have no idea what calls to me from there."

Meira chuckled, she knew but she was hiding it from him and from Taeron, seeing as she wanted no one knowing. It was after all, her sister's dragon that called. "I'm sure you'll find out when you get there. No point in reading my mind either, even though I know, I've got that well hidden."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Taeron eye's darted to Meira, hearing her chuckle as well as feeling the barrier of her joyful mind, and it tugged at his curiosity. What was she hiding from him? He wanted to know, hoping it was nothing bad.

Shifting his weight slightly closer to her side, his arm brushed against her's as he tilted his head to peer down at her.
    "What are you up too?" he whispered, barely seeming to move his lips as the words left them and knew that no one other then her and maybe the dragons would hear it.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 pm

She looked at Taeron innocently. “Who me?” she replied as quietly. “Nothing other than what my sister asked of me, that's all. She's the one who asked for me to watch my thoughts around you and Drannor, if I had a choice I'd tell you.” She smiled though knowing that this was something that would seriously make him curious. More than likely he would come as well, just to find out what she was hiding from him.

“If you two should be annoyed at anyone, its Pollae. Trust me, I hate keeping people in the dark just as much as you must be at me for having to do so.” Pollae really was annoying at times. “Just try not to over react, when you find out, Drannor.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:00 pm

His eyes narrowed slightly, knowing that she was indeed hiding something from him and his parents but didn't mention it again.

"I'm coming," the frail Sahar said, a new power in her voice and seemed slightly stronger despite her wracked thin frame and pale features, but the sparkle of hope in her orbs was clear "Cyara can carry us...All...?"
    She sighed softly, knowing that Cyara was much to small to carry her three children, herself and Drannor. Looking to Meria, she gestured to Taeron and the twins.

"Can the kids fly with you?" she asked, gaze flickering to the white dragon beside her, who she still didn't know.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Meira chuckled at her dragons' words. "Of course they can, Sahar."
    Narimya chuckled at Sahar's question now. He knew that it was going to be easy. "Only too easily," he chuckled. "I'm stronger than any dusk or day dragon you know."
    Meira smiled and turned towards her dragon, muttering words in the magic language. She was a strong spell caster, for even though they were a long way from Meadowbrook, Narimya's saddle shimmered once then vanished. A second later a four seated saddle appeared.
    Darting over to the waiting sun dragon, she leapt up lithely, reaching down to unbuckle something from the saddle. Down tumbled a rope ladder. "Come on up," she laughed.

Drannor chuckled. He followed Sahar this time, stunned by the change in her.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:45 pm

- END THREAD -

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:42 pm