Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

5 posters

We leave! [ALL]

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

We leave! [ALL] - Page 5 Empty Re: We leave! [ALL]

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:13 pm

“In four days time, when all of us have recovered enough to be able to fight at our normal levels.”
    She smiled.
    “However there is a slight issue. We're flying, so I guess you'll have to double with one of us, due to not having a dragon.”
    That was something for him to think about.
    “Its the quickest way to get there.”
    Would save weeks of travelling by boat or horse.

Rhyllae smiled at him.
    “Its the same day of the week now that he normally would show up. He only shows up once a week, and sometimes he'll miss a week or two. No one ever gets angry at him for doing to, though the children get disappointed that the story tellers not there.”
    She chuckled.
    “One day, we'll go there and he will be there. For some reason he kept looking at me when he told them when I was younger. I still sometimes go, when I have the time to spend with my family.”
    Time which had almost run out. They were moving to Ciarbera.
    ala
    ala
    Human

Post  ala Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Šárka

My muscles tithed every now and then on their own, guess it showed that i was anxious for my rider. I looked around every now and then, before going back to laying still. I knew that she might not wake up quite soon but still wanted her to so i knew for sure she was fine but i would take the healers word and hold it greatly. I poked my head back in the door slightly "thank you for your help" i said to her though my mind then looked over to my rider then pulled my head away. I reached my mind into hers for a second to get my riders name, I nodded my head slightly when i did then left her mind very quickly.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Edmund blinked at the thought of riding one of the mighty dragons, and studied Keya as if to see if she was joking.
    "Someone would allow me to ride their partner?" he questioned "really?"
    He blinked and chuckled lightly "wow..."

Kiiron nodded, still trying to figure it out and instantly reacted at the mention of him being their today.
    "Maybe... we could head past on our way out of the town?" he mused softly "what is its name?"

Raiiel frowned as the young dragon pulled into her mind, instantly blocking off alls paths and slowly opened a small link, allowing them to speak.
    "It is a hard life without a dragon," she said simply "and harder for those without a rider."
    Her gaze flickered between the dragon and the elven girl, lifting an eyebrow in question.
    "Did you just meet?"

ala
    ala
    Human

Post  ala Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Šárka

I listened and nodded when she answered. I looked at my rider then looked back to the healer spoke again "well pretty much yes we just did, all she knows is of me is my shadow, thanks to my bad timing" I said with a sigh. I knew i had probably get my timing better or we might be in a bit of trouble later on. I looked again to my rider then to the healer, i respected her greatly.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:00 pm

“I do not know the name of the place, I just know where it is.” She smiled. Being brought up here, you knew where everything was in the city. “I'll show you where it is. He'll be starting his tales soon, if he's there.” She looked at the sun. Yes, it would nearly be time for him to start.

“I would,” Keya replied. “And Velatha already told me she does not mind the other weight. To, we are like a feather pillow is to us.” She smiled. “Now do you see why I do not want you to come near the fields?”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Still living in the thought if flying, he nodded absently and grinned.
    "Yes. My queen," he replied eagerly "I shall rest and heal, ready for our mission."

Kiiron nodded, running a hand over his tired face.
    "It will be interesting," he said softly and sent her a half smile.
    "Meet back here in an hour? We'll head past the tavern and then I shall take you out?" he suggested, excited at the upcoming date.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Rhyllae smiled at Kiiron. She knew that this was going to be an interesting night.
    "Alright. By the time that hour is up, he'll be there if he's telling those stories again."
    She laughed. "See you soon."

Keya smiled. "Very well, I shall see you in a few days then."
    Knowing that she was doing the right thing, though there would not be so freindly a welcome waiting on Waenen for her, she had the feeling, she left to go and deal with the other lords.
    It was time for her to tell them just who was going to be in charge of Ciarbe
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:04 pm

"I'll see you soon then," he said gently, letting go of her hands and felt a longing to take them back. Even with how tired he was and how much he needed to rest, he wouldn't be able to without her beside him. But he didn't say anything, he didn't want to scare her away when things just started getting close.

Edmund bowed his head as much as possible, ignoring the tugging pain of his shoulder.
    "That you shall," he said softly, fighting hard not to allow his thoughts towards how beautiful she looked.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:22 pm

“What on earth are you struggling with in your head?” she laughed, shaking her head as she left the building. This was going to be a very eventful meeting and she knew it. She would have to talk to Rhyllae on the way though, but she knew Rhyllae had other plans. It was an issue that she had completely not expected to arise, though she knew what was going on between Rhyllae and Kiiron.
    It was these days that were the most uneventful, even with her duties to her people.
    Smiling to herself though, she walked towards the meeting room. They would not dare to refuse to acknowledge Rhyllae as one of Jackson's heirs, else she would be forced to do some things that she really did not want to.

Rhyllae laughed, then leaned over and kissed his cheek before getting to her feet and heading off into the city again. She did stop by though to see if the traveller was there, and he was, she could hear his voice through the silence coming from the tavern's doorway. He still had his hood up, which was something strange.
    She did not stop this time, it seemed he was only there and having something to drink and eat. She rushed on, and after doing the few things she had yet to do, she headed back to the meadow, for the hour was up. Wasn't Kiiron in for a surprise then? Her mysterious storyteller was there.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 pm

"N-nothing," he stuttered, wincing as he jerked his shoulder away and tried to force the thoughts from his mind, but they get getting though. In the end, he looked away from her and stared firmly at the threads of the blanket and thought of nothing else.

Kiiron rested his eyes for a few short moments, but as he had known, he couldn't sleep. Not without her close.
    His cheek tingling from the goodbye kiss, he moved gracefully to his feet and was out the door within moments, heels clacking against the hard ground in his haste.
    Moments later, running at the normal elven pace, he was soon approaching her figure in the distance.
    "Rhyllae," he greeted, forcing himself from moving to far into her personal space and smiled slightly, in taking her mouth watering scent.
    "Are you ready?" he questioned, offering her an elbow to take.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:40 pm

She smiled as he came towards her, watching as he moved gracefully towards her.
    "As ready as I'll ever be," she said lightly. "Oh and I wandered past that tavern a few minutes ago on the way over here. He's there."
    She knew that this was going to be interesting, he would likely be able to talk more freely with Kiiron there.

Keya laughed to herself in her head as she argued with the other lords. This was no easy thing to deal with at the moment.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Kiiron nodded gratefully, following her lead as they moved back down the pathway he had just taken.
    "So where is this...Tavern?" he questioned as they walked.

OOC: sorry its short. I gotta go..

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:35 pm

She chuckled at his words. "Come with me. I know where to go, and its not far into the city." She smiled though, as she guided him into the town. She was pleased that someone would finally meet the storyteller who seemed to know a hell of a lot about the dragons, even though she had no idea as to his knowledge.

As it was, it did not take long for her to reach the tavern, and she headed in, grinning as she saw her family. They though she did not aim for, instead she found somewhere for them to sit while they waited for a chance to talk to the stranger.

He seemed to have just begun his tale that evening. The tale he spoke of this time was well known from him. "The sands of time cannot be stopped. Years pass whether we will them or not... but we can remember. What has been lost may yet live on in memory. That which you will hear is imperfect and fragmented, yet treasure it, for without you it does not exist. I give you now a memory that has been forgotten, hidden in the dreamy haze that lies behind us."

The teller seemed to look around at them, even glancing at Kirron and Rhyllae with a rueful smile. "Before your grandfathers fathers were born, and yea, even before their fathers, the Dragon Riders were formed. To protect and gaurd was their mission, and for thousands of years they reigned over us here in Nuban. Immortal they were, unless slain by poison or blade. And yet even after this merry time, which none alive remember, save a few hidden souls, there came a new rider."

Though Rhyllae was aware of Keya being in the room herself, talking to one of the barmen about the taxes that were owed to her, he seemed to plunge on with the tale, a not so kind tone to his voice now.

"He was a strong and smart this new rider, though a little arrogant and a trouble maker. At first his intelligence and willingness to learn were encourage and he passed through his training easily. Then in an account of folly, in which he was sent on a mission by one of the elders, which they did not anticipate he would actually take up as a mission for himself, his true dragon, a brown female, was slain."

The man paused, as if regathering his thoughts. Keya had left by now and it was a good thing she had.

"For ten years he vanished, then something happened. A blue hatchling was stolen from their rider, you all know of whom I speak now. The name of the dragon? Rhothilion. With this new steed and with followers who believed that the riders were getting too arrogant and power hungry, he sought to take down every last opposing rider."

The man seemed to sigh. "The Riders were unprepared for this, and under this onslaught they were easily slain. The elves fought as well, and until of recent, they hid in their secret places in the great woods."

He shifted his shoulders, as the flames at his feet seemed to illustrate his story, clearly he was a magic user. Only Ingora, leader of our Riders at the time, could resist Lindan Marcos and his followers. Ancient and wise, he struggled to save what he could and stop the remaining dragons from falling. In this he was sucessful for even though he and his Sun dragon, Rathorn were slain by Lindan Marcos, the dragons we see today were saved."

The man bowed his head. "From the day of Ingora's falling, Lindan Marcos claimed to be king over all Nuban, though we all know that he was heavily contested and finally slain. But know this, the time of the Dragon Riders is coming once more, and peace reigns over us all."

Rhyllae looked at Kiiron, knowing this to be the end of the story.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:18 pm

He followed her willing, trailing behind her and brushed off the odd glances he was receiving from the humans. Elves were meant to be gone, so it was odd to see one out walking the streets.

As they entered the tavern, his attention was immediately gathered by the hooded man in the corner. Even sitting, it was clear to Kiiron that he was an elf. Sitting, one was even fluid, such a feature not even a half elf could have.

But as he spoke, his eyes widened in surprise. Those vocals...he knew those vocals.
    "Prince Consort Zelphar?" he whispered softly, questioning him in a tone that only he would be able to hear.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:24 pm

The aging eyes snapped up at the words that Kiiron spoke. "Who wants to know?" asked the voice. "What's it to you, boy?" His name was one that brought back too many memories. Of a time long since gone. He had been tehre when Lindan Marcos rose, he had been one of those riders. A few of the humans seemed to be watching, but who was he to care.

He sighed though, and the hood fell backwards revealing the royal elven face. The chocolate brown hair. Gem's eyes. "That would be me, but I am no longer hold any claim to that title, my predecessor holds it now." The wise eyes looked at Kiiron and at Rhyllae. He knew Rhyllae well, after all the stories he had told. he knew of the things that his daughter had done. He knew of his other daughter's treachery as well.

He was not however, fond of Keya at all.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:38 pm

Kiiron blinked in surprise, putting himself slightly between Rhyllae and the questioning gaze.
    "I am Kiiron Taurtheldómion, son of the passed Tarra and Sellthal," he murmured, eyes flickering over the somewhat familiar facial features which he knew belonged to Gem and her sisters.
    "I grew up with Auraka and his family," he added after a moment, bowing slightly to the ex-ruler.
    "This is my true mate, Rhyllae," he said as well, as a the door was smacked open drawing all the eyes of the room.

So it was surprising to say at the least when a short, aged woman entered with her accusing blue eyes and long black tresses streaked by black.
    "You!" she said, eyes narrowing and approaching Zelphar with a pronounced limp and leaning heavily on her walking stick and poked his chest somewhat roughly.
    "How dare you!"
    She had all the eyes in the bar on her now, wondering who this elderly lady was and what she was accusing an elf for.
    "Everyone said you were dead!" she wailed "everyone said everyone was dead and now you," she poked him again "you return. Where is that wife of yours? Is she around here to?"
    The aged lady allowed her gaze to switch over the room but didn't find what she was looking for, so the sharp gaze landed once more on the old ruler of the elves.
    "And look at you," she muttered "damn elves, you never did age a damn day."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:52 pm

He raised an eyebrow at the boy for a moment. He did not get a chance to reply though before he had to turn to face someone else. Someone who had poked him, which was extremely bad manners when it came to an elf.

"Laura is dead." He spoke quietly, and clearly there was sadness in his eyes. The he glared at the woman.

This time though he raised his own voice back at her. "I was captured by Lindan Marcos himself. Marcos slaughtered my dragon in front of me! Don't you bellow at me, Rai!" Clearly he recognised her.

For mighty Bjart was dead. And that was something that still pained him. "We might not age, but our lives take their toll on us. "I know you lost your dragon, so I know you're aware of how it feels for me to have lost mine. You'd do well to remember that Laura was the new leader of the riders after Ingora and his dragon died."

His eyes glared down at her. "At least I continued to fight long after our order fell. You ran and hid," she scolded her. "I lost Bjart trying to help the people we swore to defend and gaurd, and he died doing what we were meant to! You would do well to respect your elders!"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:03 pm

"He murdered my Amaircath as well, if you so happen to remember," she scoffed softly, but the heartache was clear in her sparkling blue orbs, but this fiery old lady gave no sympathy to anyone. Sure, he had lost his bonded, it was hard, but you could get over it.

But at the mention of Laura, she sighed. She had always liked that woman, they had always gotten along when they were younger.

"Ran and hid?" she yelled, poking him roughly once more "I did no such thing! You should know me better then that Zelphar! You did train me after all!"
    Her eyes narrowed with annoyance "I did no such thing! Bah! I may not have a dragon, but I still god damn have my honour. I'll have you remember I proved every dumbass male out there just what a girl could do, and see they are still god damn clueless!"
    She rambled under her breath for a moment, her old chest heaving and Kiiron worried that she might die right then and there.
    "Damn you Zelphar," she muttered "you don't know me at all."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:11 pm

"It's been how long since last we spoke? Memories fade with time, Rai. I remember you, though you're a lot more headstrong than I remember." He sighed. There were things that did not change with time, and that was the memories he had of training her. They were things that he remembered well, now that he recognized her. "You were one of the first female riders, I remember the shock that went through the other riders when Amiarcarth chose you. I was one of the only people who did not really seem bothered by that, if you'd care to remember."

Never in the long years that he had been alive had he yelled at anyone around humans. This time he had, for the things she had suggested were not wise when talking to an elf. He sighed though, looking towards the roof for a dozen moments, trying to figure out what to say now. "I would have known if you were fighting, Rai, Dragon Riders can sense each other, even is they lose their dragons," this he growled, but clearly his anger was not aimed at her. Though eh did glare at her for the poke. "Keep your hands to yourself, woman." He was not impressed with this.

Happily he would have talked with Kiiron, but this time he strode from the building and Rhyllae knew that soon he would vanish once more. She looked after him for amoment, then looked pointedly at Kiiron. "Do you think we should talk to him?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 pm

"Gah! They wanted to kill her and me," she growled, poking him once more, hand never lowering "and you know it. Bloody idiots the lot of them, thinking they were all 'high and mighty'" she scoffed and wrinkled up her nose at the memories "you were the only one that would train me."

She dropped her hand, but glared at him harder, but there was a touch of fondness hidden in their glassy depths.
    "I have my ways of hiding myself," she growled "how else do you think I survived here you dungbat, I live right across the rode from that old loon who once ruled!"

Her gaze followed his back as he left with a flurry of coats, and sat heavily in his seat.
    "Gimme a beer," she muttered.

Kiiron nodded, following after the elven man and tugged Rhyllae behind him gently, calling his name until he finally caught up to him.
    "Please, Zelphar, may we talk?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:57 pm

He was not impressed by being called a dungbat and it made him even angrier at her. So much for telling stories about the times when they had been the riders of the old world. This was not something he was likely to forget either when it came to her.

Sighing he sat down, shaking his head. "What have I done?" he muttered to himself, knowing that there were some things things made everyone confused when it came to him. He was something the others did not really understand.

When someone called his name, he looked up though. Things might be hard for him, but he knew that he had to answer, as was expected of his kind. He was one of the last true dragonmen.

His eyes met Kiirons with no small difficulty as he spotted the two day dragons behind Rhyllae and Kiiron. Longing seemed to shine in his eyes as he looked at them, he even bowed his head to the pair. “Greetings young ones,” he said, smiling at the two. Then he looked at Kiiron. “What about, Kiiron?”

Though he was a dragonman, he knew that there were times when he wished that he had never found Bjart, and that the dragon had never chosen him. Why did he have to live to see another day, when his dragon, the other half to him other than his beloved Laura, was gone now?

What did he have to live for?
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Kiiron smiled slightly as Lai landed on his shoulder, the dark scales glistening under the fading sunlight and hi brother wasn't far behind.
    "Anything," the young elf said, noting the longing in his eyes at the sight of his hatchling, and chuckled slightly a's Lai leapt off his shoulder, landing on the ground and scurried towards the older rider, sniffing his hand before leaping onto his lap with a snorted and nuzzled his head against his cheek, his bright purple eyes blinking.
    "Why...does everyone think you are dead, does Gem know you are alive? They left the other day, all of them. I am the only pure elf here now..well apart from you..."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:08 pm

"And apart from my other daughter," Zelphar reminded him. For Hycis was still here. He sighed though. "No, no one knows i live except for the people who have been in the tavern listening to my tales." He sighed, knowing what had happened. "I have remained hidden in a place i shall not say, for a good ten or so years. There was no reason for me to show myself, I could never tell Gem that I was alive... again. She hardly believed it the first time that i was not dead."
    Zelphar smiled as one of the hatchlings came over to him. He reached up with one hand and gently stroked the dragon's cheek.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Lai snuggled his cheek against the aged elf, squawking happily at the gentle brush of his hand and finally settled himself comfortably on his shoulder, closing his eyes and snoring softly.
    "Her too," Kiiron agreed softly, knowing that she was indeed will around "though, we do not know where she is..."
    He pondered Zelphar's words and nodded once more.
    "But can you tell her now?" he questioned "we all know she was heart broken at your death, everyone was...to know you were alive once more would relieve many hearts."

He had a question on his lips, but was hesitant to ask them, mostly because he would have to ask Keya for permission before asking the elf.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:33 pm

He sighed as he looked at them. “I know she is not in Nuban now. And there is no way I am going anywhere near that half elf daughter of that traitor king.” Clearly there was nothing that was friendly from him towards Keya. She was a thorn that irked him greatly.

“Why won't you go near me?” asked a voice and he glanced over at Keya. Then he looked away, clearly not seeing her at all. “I know you're against my father, my father is dead now. I am the ally of the elves and I always will be, Lord Uruohtar Zelphar.”

“Rider no longer,” he replied, looking at her. “You look a lot more like your father than I can like, Keya.” He sighed. “Perhaps I should not judge you because of your old man.”

“What did you want to ask me, Kiiron?” she looked over at him. Both Zelphar and Rhyllae looked over as well at that question.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:20 pm