Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

5 posters

We leave! [ALL]

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

We leave! [ALL] - Page 2 Empty Re: We leave! [ALL]

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Edmund nodded quickly, jogging the long yards to stand beside the wall, under the tree. Just where his queen told him to and had his eyes firmly trained on the bright red apple.
    Signally he was ready, his gaze didn't leave the apple.

Kiiron blinked, easily spotting the apple and softly wished her luck. He hoped she made the shot, and somehow had no doubt she could. None of the human guards said a thing, to busy studying the only female within their group.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Rhyllae smiled, knowing that for most it would certainly be a challenge. Smiling to herself, she drew one sharp arrow from her quiver.. Her arrows were fletched with gold feathers, while Keya's were white. It would be an easy way to figure out how much skill either of them hard. “You want to go first?” she asked.

“No. Together.”

Rhyllae raised an eyebrow for a moment before nodding. Quickly she changed her own stance to that of the archer she knew she was. The bow aimed up at the apple, as did Keya's. She knew though this would be only too easy. At the moment though they seemed equally matched in strength.

Then the two arrows shot forwards, arching through the air towards the apple on the opposeite side of the courtyard. One arrow fell short though, Keya's. Rhyllae watched for a moment before losing sight of hers. With a dull thud the apple fell, a gold tipped arrow embedded within.

From what she could tell, Keya couldn't tell who had it, and neither could she from such a distance.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Edmund watched as the fast speed of the arrow's hit the apple with such a force that it fell.
    Blinking, he noted the colour and jogged back to where everyone stood waiting.
    "The golden arrow hit it, my queen," he said, eyes landing on the arrows out of Rhyllae's [cannot remember word!] and his eyes widened.
    It seemed that their newest addition had a very nice arm on her.
    'Well done," he murmured.

Kiiron grinned as the news came, nodding to Rhyllae in congratulations.
    "Well done," he told her gently, waiting for his turn.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:54 pm

“For those under Lindan Marcos' control in the battle I was not a welcome sight.” She smiled though. “Thank you.” For once it seemed that she had managed to surprise even Keya. Her freind was shaking her head. “What?”

“I can't believe I did not know you were going to win... I did not see that coutcome, nor any to be honest.” Keya sighed. “I guess we know where you were in that battle.. I think we lost at least twenty men to your arrows alone.”

“I had to do so to defend myself,” Rhyllae reminded her. “Its the only way I can fight.”

"That is something that is going to change, now that you are a dragon rider." Keya chuckled. Then she looked at Kiiron. "Are you an archer? Or a swordsman then?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:37 am

Kiiron bowed his head, dark tresses splaying over his handsome features.
    "A true knight, my queen," he replied "both sword and arrows, but I must say that the sword is my preferred weapon."
    He smiled slightly, tapping the blue hilted sword at his waist. It was not a true riders sword, yet still one of amazing elven craft. It had been his fathers before him, and had treated him well over the years.
    "Shall I spar with you or another?" he questioned, eyeing Edmund with a small smile.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:37 am

She smiled, resting her hand on the cool amber in the grip of her own sword. It was a true riders sword, one that had been made for her, but that her father had neglected to give to her. Gem though had hunted it down and given it to her yesterday. She knew that it was supposed to be hers, and she had wished to use it in the battle, but it had not been given to her yet. So she had been forced to use an older sword that her father had given her.

"You may choose your own opponent, Kiiron." She knew that though she would last longer in a fight than Sir Edmund, she knew it was up to him. Which fighter would he choose now, when faced with that choice?
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:38 am

He nodded and eyed the group, instantly cutting a few from his choices. He had watched them spar before, and he knew they were to dangerous to spar with, not against him of course, but rather themselves.

After a moment, he stopped between Keya and Edmund and shrugged slightly.
    "I shall verse Sir Edmund, my queen, for it will be easier for you to judge my skill if you can watch rather then compete."

Edmund smiled slightly, more then happy to try the task. He knew this might be even harder then Keya, due to his pure elven blood, but he wouldn't give up. Not at all.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 am

She nodded with a smile and stepped back towards where Rhyllae stood off to one side. "Show me what you've got, boys." Which one of them would be able to hold the other off for longer? She knew Kiiron had the advantage of being an elf, but she knew Sir Edmund was a good fighter. This would be an interesting fight. She knew that Sir Edmund was good, but how long would he last against Kiiron? Only time would tell. "And fight fair. For I will know if you do not."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:19 am

"Of course," grinned Kiiron, nodding to Edmund as he pulled his sword from his waist. He was a good enough swordsman to not have to use training weapons, and he would never hurt, well more then bruise, his opponent. He was a gracious fighter, a gracious winner. Not that he expected to win. He was fast, yes, but that didn't mean anything on the plains of death.

Edmund smiled in response, gladdened to have this chance to prove himself once more. Picking up his training weapon once more, he didn't want to make a mistake and hurt someone, he moved into position.

Kiiron leapt forth with grace, going for the easy over head strike but Edmund danced out of the way with just as much ease.

The battle continued, it seemed like hours had passed but it was only mere moments. but finally, Kiiron made a final strike, not as tired as his opponent and disarmed him with ease and knocked Ed to the floor with the weight of his attack.

Putting his own weapon away, he offered a hand to help the man up from the floor and ran his other though his dark locks.

"Lle sessan dian exta tinko mex lle ori, nar quella."

The human looked at him with confusion, not understanding the fluid words that escaped him. Kiiron chuckled before repeating his words.

"You should be proud with how you fought, my friend," he smiled warmly "with some more training you will be able to best even the best of elven fighters."

Ed nodded, eyes wide and took the hand on offer before standing tall once more.
    "Thank you, you were a worth opponent, and as I said to Queen Keya, I aim to be as good as you and the queen herself one day, then I know I have achieved my best."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

She smiled as she watched them. When they were finished though she could not help but speak one line of elven. "Lle ori tinko gia grudo expa nieon lle." You fight with the grace expected of you. Sadly her elven was not the best, but she could speak it well enough to be understood. Keya grinned. Then she translated her words. "You fight with the grace expected of you, Kiiron. As did you, Edmund."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:37 am

Kiiron smiled warmly at his queen, nodding his head to accepted the words.
    "Thank you," he murmured, looking to Rhyllae and wondered what she thought of his swordsmanship. Only her opinion mattered to him, though he did take other into account.
    "I am afraid I am a little rusty, I haven't spared in a very long time, my years have been to far roaming," he said and Edmund beamed at Keya's words.

"Thank you, once again," he said politely, unable to get the grin off his features. He had truly had an amazing day, and it was only a few hours into the heating sun.

"Any more tests for us?" Kiiron asked,

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:42 am

"You did well, thoguh to me it looked like you were toying with Sir Edmund," Rhyllae remarked, knowing he was waiting for her to talk.

"How's your aim?" Keya asked. She still held her bow. She was interested in seeing how she would fair against him. This was something she knew she had a bit of a knack for, though Rhyllae had clearly beaten her. Would he be able to beat her as well?
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:51 am

"Maybe a little," he admitted softly, only for her and Keya's ears "I had to give him a chance."

He shrugged slightly at Keya's question and sighed sadly.
    "I no longer have my own bow, I shall have to carve one now that I have the time and materials," he said "and I have the normal range of a true elf, but I am a few years out of practise."
    He paused "so, in answer to your question, I am no longer sure."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:56 am

"There are a few that we have as spares here," Keya replied. She smiled. "I'm sure someone will get one for you."

"Don't waste the time. If you want, you can use mine," Rhyllae quickly inserted. She was grinning though, she knew her bow was more of the elves type, and would be more what he had once used than any human longbow. "Just don't breack it." He was stronger than her after all.

Kaya chuckled. "Maybe yours will be a lot more resilient than one of ours. When I had a go aaginst gem, her bow broke, and it was one of ours."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:01 am

"I'll try," he promised his mate with a fond smile, taking the bow gently in his grip and tested the string with a little of his weight. He didn't want to draw it as far as he could, afraid that he might break the delicate weapon his love favoured. But it was somewhat closer to what his own weapon had once been, only slightly edited for a more human strength.

He chucked gently at the thought of Gem breaking a bow in two, and honestly it wasn't that hard to imagine. Even the weakest of all elves were stronger then the strongest of humans.

"Let's see how this goes," he said, getting a feel of the weapon and drawing it back as far as he was game to.
    "Shoot together?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 am

"Will you watch again, Edmund?" Keya asked. "We're aiming for the apple a little lower than the other one again." She smiled, pulling the strong back on her own bow testily. She was more than ready to give this a shot. She knew though that there was good chance she would lose. Rhyalle had easily beaten her.

There were some things she knew that she would never be able to do. Rhyllae had been strong enough to outdo her, even though they were both half elves.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 am

"Of course," said the willing man, jogging off with his orders and positioned himself under the apple tree.

He drew the string back and in time with Keya, let it loose. The golden tipped arrow sailed easily though the air before hitting the rosy red apple, sending it another 50 or so yards before it finally hit the ground.

He lowered the weapon with a smile, nodding to Keya.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 am

The white tipped arrow arched up as well, this time barely missing the apple before diving. It had reached the height needed, just a little too soon. She knew without speaking that this time it had been a lot closer for some reason.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 am

Kiiron smiled as Edmund jogged back, once more and announced the winner.
    "It was the golden arrow, once again my queen," he said softly before moving to stand with the rest of the guards.
    "Well done, my queen," he said softly "your aim was just as good as mine, I must of had the wind gods on my side."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:24 am

"I just was not quite strong enough." Keya replied. It was her own doing that had stopped her from winning at that. "And I have to admit, my sword is better than my bow." She never had been the best at shooting things.

"You did well though, to come so close to meeting one who has no human in them," Rhyllae responded. She smiled though. "You were evenly matched until the last second."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:47 am

Kiiron nodded in agreement.
    "It is rare for a human, even a half human, to come close with an elf," he said warmly, glad to have somewhat met a challenge. He would eventually verse her, just for the challenge, and work himself back to the skill level he had once obtained.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:52 am

Both women smiled at him. "I do not doubt you once were a lot stronger," Keya said, with a small chuckle. "It will be interesting to see how I compare to you when you do have your old talent back. However I am impressed by both of you as it is."

Rhyllae smiled at her. "Though you know i cannot fight with a sword at all." Else she'd not have been taken like she had.

"You'll learn in time, Rhyllae."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:05 am

"You have many people willing to teach you," he said softly after Keya, eyes sparkling with pride.
    She was so talented, and he had no doubt that she would soon be one of the best.

"So, back to training?" he questioned, lifting an eyebrow in question at Keya.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 am

"I think I have had rather enough of training for the moment," Keya replied. "There has been enough fighting for the moment." She knew that her world was meant to be peaceful now. Sadly it was not to be, as they all heard hooves coming towards them and fast.

A huge black female centaur came towards them, only slowing to a walk as she got much closer. She had been running for a while it seemed, and the armour she wore was badly damaged.

Keya looked straight at her, alarmed by her appearance. "What is the matter?" she asked, not bothering to wait for the Centaur to greet her.

"Minotaur. They ransacked our village. Eltaor and the others are trying to hold them off, but we fear there may be too many for any of us to survive. Our leader, Entara sent me, knowing that you might be able to help."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:27 am

Kiiron's mind leapt to planning, thinking how they would of stopped such a thing back in the elven times. But then he calmed himself, instead looking for Keya to call the decisions.
    This was her land, her country now. He no longer had a say, he was merely a knight.

"What should we do?" he asked her instead, blue orbs shining with the worry he felt for the other race.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:45 pm