Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

4 posters

War Comes to The Elves ALL

eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

War Comes to The Elves ALL - Page 2 Empty Re: War Comes to The Elves ALL

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:35 am

Glenawing

He looked at Hycis decapitated body grinned and said, "You did something I would have had to done my self." he looked at Gem and Keya, "Let the fighting for today end, we will continue at dawn." he kept his eyes one Keya hoping he could talk to her a lone.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:43 am

“No more fighting period.” Gem said looking at him. “Both of us have lost too many. This war is unnecessary, Glenawing.” She sighed, thinking. Would her idea work? “Instead of our lands flying under one banner, what if there were two? Your people would not fall under my leadership any more, Glenawing. Like Keya's people we would only be allies, and only obligated to help each other when the other is threatened.”

She could tell that Keya was listening as well now. “The islands will rule themselves. They will have no power over any other island, though they will no longer fight against one another. Should an island signal for aide, the other islands must help, unless it is known that the need for help is to be used against another island.”

She smiled. “What do you say?”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:46 am

Glenawing

He smiled at the Idea, "Give me control of two Islands and I will be content of that suggestion of yours." he looked at her knowing that if she refused that he would continue with battle.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:50 am

“I will speak to those in Numencoran. If they are agreeable, then yes, they two will be yours. No uprisings though.” it was clear that she was in no mind to give up the Dusk Dragon weyr. That one was more important to her at the moment.

“Give me until tomorrow morning. I will come to your Weyr with their answer myself.” Gem sighed. It was a hard thing to do, but she knew Auraka would understand why she had given up Rasjar's kind.

“Just remember not to impede any dragons of other kinds to find their way to their true weyr when they are strong enough to fly. That includes the dragons from the Day, Sun and Dusk breeds. Of those you have no control over.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 am

Glenawing

He nodded and looked at Keya his hand on her shoulder, "Come on."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:16 am

“No.” Keya stepped away, pulling herself free. “Until this is over, I'm not going anywhere, Glenawing.” It was clear that she was still not happy with him in the slightest over this whole mess. Things were just worse for everyone at the moment. “Please Glenawing, give me some time.”

She stepped away, back towards her own people. Kiiron, Rhyllae-Ash and Edmund immediately moving to her side. It was clear that they were the ones that were the most defencive of her when it came to situations like this. Each of them though was willing to do the things they did for her.

Gem smiled. “Head on up to the weyr Keya. The healers will see to those of your men who are injured.” Keya nodded and at a word from her, the group started back. “I hope you know, Glen, that Drannor will never forgive you for getting Hycis to help you. Because you did that, he lost Neldor.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:34 am

Glenawing

He looked at Gem and then at Keya and moved to her and took her hand, "I warned you of this war Keya and I told you not to fight this is why." he looked at Gem, "I told Hycis not to attack any of you, I do fell sorry for Drannor's loss."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:38 am

“Tell him that yourself, Glen.” Gem sighed, knowing that her cousin was very much annoyed with Glen for doing this. “Though I warn you, he is furious with you.” She looked at the ground, bending down and scooping up the green blade that Hycis' had somehow managed to get back from her. it was heavy, but not as heavy as it would be for anyone who was not related by blood to her. This she would lock away somewhere safe, the amount of power that was in her sister's sword was astounding. And she knew, it was power that she would not allow to ever be used by anyone alive.

“You warned me but you could stop me from doing what is right. You made me angry at you for even deciding to attack my cousin. Let go of me and leave me alone!” There was nothing but rage in her from him. Keya glared at him. "I don't want to talk to you, nor see your face for a long time, Glenawing." And no, she was not going to regret saying that for a while, maybe never. She turned her back to him and walked away, following the other people that were her own people.

Gem sighed, as she moved past Glenawing after her cousin. She knew Keya did not want to talk to Glen at the moment, and she had every right to be that way. With her and the rest moving with Keya, it would be folly to try and stop Keya now. She was tired from the fighting, all of them were injured in some way. Only Auraka and Rasjar were not, for they had not been fighting, everyone else had been fighting for them. She hoped that Drannor would recover, but she would not press him.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Sahar sat in the corner, worried not only for her bonded and her mate, but also her own mate. The father of her children. If Neldor was injured, surely he was by Cyara's reaction, what would Drannor be like? Was he alive even?
    The thought made her sob slightly and cling to her daughter, Kasinda.
    "They'll be alright mother," her daughter comforted her with a sigh, wishing her brother hadn't disappeared.
    "But Drannor...and Taeron!"
    "Hush, rest mother," she cooed gently, hoping it would all be over soon.

Edmund stayed quietly by his queen side, sweat drenched and covered by blood. Most of it, though, seemed not to be his. His gaze darted between Keya and Glenawing, feeling his anger rise slightly at his persistent tone, but kept his mouth shut.

Beside him, Kiiron knelt beside a small dragon and cried freely. Not even the worried thought of Rhyllae could get him onto his feet.
    His Lai was dead, his little dragon had died.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:55 pm

“Kiiron!” Rhyllae hurried over to him, noticing what he was looking at. Onyx landed, snorting as he saw his brother on the ground. Gently she wrapped her arms around Kiiron. She was completely at a loss as to what to do here. She could tell that Lai was gone from them, but what could she do? What was there to say to him at the moment?

Keya shot one last glare over her shoulder and Glenawing as she moved with the others towards the Weyr. That she was not pleased with him was an understatement. He had gone too far this time.

Gaelira's feet touched down in the outer cave. “Sahar?” she called.
    Drannor climbed down shakily, he was completely not in a good way at the moment. Neldor would not be returning with him this time.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Kiiron turned with a sob and wrapped his arms tightly around Rhyllae, clutching her as if she was gone as well.
    "He's gone," he whispered over and over, breathing deeply to inhale her scent and calm himself. He never lost control, he was a master of it. But the death of one's other heart did odd things to even the strongest of people.
    "They killed him!"

Sahar uncurled at Gaelira's call, hesitantly pacing forth to the cave and peered in shock at Drannor's crying features before instantly running to his side and held him in her arms.
    "Drannor?" she whispered, trying to comfort his shaking body "Drannor what happened, my love?"
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Glenawing

He clenched his fist angerly looking at Keya and Gem, he muttered to him self, "Everyone will leave me I knew it." he turned around and walked to Veer who took off and he began to fly back to his island his home.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:40 am

Someone who turns on his own people deserves that, Gaelira growled as Glenawing moved past her. You were a fool to do what you have done right now, Glenawing.
    She alone watched him leave. One day, Drannor might forgive him, but right now there was no one here that would even dare to look at the Dawn Dragons with any honour.

Drannor grimaced as she held him, he knew this would be the first time she had seen him crying, and for him to be was a serious issue. He did not seem to be able to speak, his mind was in shock at what had happened.
    Gaelira sighed as she looked at Sahar and Kasinda. "I have good news and bad news, Sahar. The good is that Taeron has not been hurt though he was not meant to be fighting. He'll be in shortly. The bad news, pertains to Drannor more than anyone." She bowed her head. "My brother... he is dead." Her voice was solemn as she spoke. "The one responsible, is dead themself. I cut them down."
    Drannor's emotion did not change, though the tears seemed to increase in number. He was completely lost inside himself.
    "Be warned, the other dusk riders will give him a lot of grief when you all go home. They will want to replace him, I heard them discussing it."

Rhyllae held Kiiron in her arms, knowing this was a hard time for him. Tears ran down Onyx's face as well, he was lost without his brother himself. "You still have me, love," she said, holding him to her. "Cry all you want."

Sahar craddled her crying husband, watching him intently as Gaelira spoke and a sudden intake of breath was her sign of shock and horror.
    "Neldor?" she whispered, as the air filled with the mourning cries of Cyara. Long, drawn and full of death many paused to watch the crying, black queen. Her elegant neck arched back, her maw opened to release a breath of fire before the tears carried down her scaled cheeks.
    "Come on Drannor," she whispered sadly to her husband, not even able to think of being apart from Cyara "things will look up...they have to."
    She kissed his forehead, leading him deeper into the warmth and safety of the cave.
    "Thank you for bringing him to me..and Taeron," she thanked the white dragoness as she walked away "please...talk to Cyara for me..."

Kiiron shook his head stubbornly, forcing the tears to stop in there tracks.
    "No..no more tears, there is work to be done," he muttered, pushing away from her gently and stood tall, squaring his shoulders, sweeping a worried gaze over her.
    "Are you okay?"

“They wont. He's gone.” Drannor managed the words, but it was clear that he would not say any more. “And its all Glenawing's fault.” He groaned, almost staggering to his feet. His vision was blurred at the moment, he knew that things would take time to recover, especially from this blow.
    Eleven years of his life, he'd had him.
    He barely even noticed the wounds on his body, the pain from the loss of Neldor was more than any flesh wound he could ever have.

“I shall,” Gaelira replied. “Bizandra and my thoughts are with Drannor and Cyara now. He was my brother, and Bizandra's son.” She got back to her feet, heading towards the black dragon. Her mother was coming too, she seemed to know what was wrong with Cyara. She had been through this, she'd lost Bjart.

“Nothing more than a few scratches,” Rhyllae-Ash replied, though she knew some of the injuries were more than that. “I'm better off than you. You need to see the healers.” The way she said it told him she would not take 'no' for an answer. She was worried about him. “If anything, I'm more worried about you than anything else.”

She had to be strong, she told herself. Normally it was he, who comforted a crying her. Never this war around. She just held him tight, letting him know that she was there for him without words. As he stumbled, she caught him easily by the elbow and sighed sadly.
    "Come on Drannor," she whispered, eyes widening with shock as she noticed the wounds "you need to sit down..I need to heal your wounds."

Kiiron shook his head stubbornly, shrugging his shoulders and refused to wince into the pain.
    "No no, I'm fine..you need to see a healer," he said, lips preparing to heal her wounds himself. He turned all his emotion and worry onto her, she was all he had now.

She sighed as she walked with the others back into the Weyr. They had won for now, but they had lost much. Not to mention she did not know what was the right emotion to have at the moment. There was agony from killing her sister. There was joy from seeing Bizandra and her mother were alive. And there was grief from Neldor's death. Not to mention rage at Glenawing. And last but not least, confusion. As well as pain from her own injuries, though they were not serious.
    Where was Auraka when she needed him? She could certainly feel the panther in her growling, wanting to reveal itself. She knew that right now it was the last thing she needed.

“They're nothing in comparison to what is going on in my head. I feel like I've been ripped into pieces in there,” Drannor half growled. He knew that this was getting bad for him. “And I doubt things will get better.”

Rhyllae-Ash snorted, stubborn as ever. “Both of us need a healer. And you're coming so they can see to you, whether you like it or not. If I need one so do you.” She smiled almost. Onyx nudged Kiiron from behind, telling him that he had him as well, not just Rhyllae.

OOC: half of this was in email correspondence with Kanchana so i threw it up as well
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:23 am

Auraka leapt down from Rasjar's spine, running to Gem and instantly scooped her up in his arms, face burring into her neck with a relieved sigh.
    "Gem.." he whispered, worry for her growing at the sight of blood on her. He knew what she was done and knew that she must be hurting as well. And Neldor...well poor bloody Drannor, he couldn't even think to understand what the man must be going though.
    "Gem..are you alright? Any injuries?" He kissed her forehead gently, looking into her eyes "please Gem, speak to me.."
    Scanning her face, he knew that the animal within her was starting to rise with all the emotions. Picking her up in his arms, he carried her to a safe place encase she actually did shift. And no once seemed to care that he was carrying their queen off, they were mates after all.
    "Come on sweetie," he murmured, holding her close to his chest with a sigh.

Sahar soothed him gently, rubbing his shoulder in a fashion that he had always done to comfort her.
    "You still have me...and the kids Drannor," she whispered "and you know that Neldor wouldn't want you to feel like this...he would want you happy. He died to save you love, and punishment shall be made for he was taken much to early from you, but you are alive, though you must not feel like it at the moment, and that is what matters."
    She sighed softly, feeling for her husband "things will get better Drannor...they must."
    Sahar had helped riders before, all part of the healing process. Talk and support, a often know motto for the healers of mankind.

Blinking, she remembered his wounds and instantly pulled away slightly; tugging at the clothes he wore and peered down at the nasty cuts.
    "Drannor..." she muttered, placing a cool hand over them a with a small mutter of words "these are bad love...you're going to have to rest for a few days."
    Not that she expected him to do much else. Gathering the little strength she had, she healed them closed, knowing that her pathetic mourning on her missing son had made her much weaker then she had ever been.

Kiiron half-smiled at her response, following her persistent lead towards the area where healers were and somewhat stumbled.
    "You first," he agreed "I'm fine."
    He smiled sadly as Onyx nudged him and rubbed his snout gently.
    "Thank you Onyx..."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:55 am

"Most of its not mine," she replied, managing to speak at last. There was so much that had happened that day, and she was not sure where to begin. "I think I found a way to placate Glenawing, but I can't do it again. This war's over if the Moon Dragons will agree to the deal I made with Glenawing."
    She sighed. There was just too much going on for her at the moment. This was a time when she rather wished she was not the queen yet. She couldn't look at him. "Not to mention I'm really worried about Drannor."
    Things were hard for her at the moment, but she was glad when they got back to their own cave in the weyr, she was looking forwards to getting all this armour off. "At least I've managed to get Glen to not try and kill you any more. If my plan works, that is."
    She grimaced. "And for all the hate that came to me from Hycis, and back at her from me, killing her like that was one of the hardest things I've every done." At that one, the tears started to fall. She knew that in a way it was ironic that she was saddened by her sister's death, but the tears were not for her, but for Terrador. "Terrador couldn't escape... he was too young."
    He knew that she was worried about him, but at the moment, he was completely at a loss for what to do. He had heard what Gaelira had said about his people, and needless to say he was not pleased about that. There was no chance he would let them replace him.
    He knew that Neldor would not want him to be like this, the dragon had said that before he'd died, though he'd known it was going to happen, but it was still hard. Cyara too, he had had a message for, and it was one that he had not understood. Neldor would return, but in another form, and she would know him when he did.
    He sighed, letting her do what she had to. There was nothing he wanted to do at the moment, and he knew it. For the first time in a long time, he was tired.
    She smiled, knowing that she was easily able to get him there at the moment. "No, you're hurt worse than me." There was no doubt about that. Right now, she was the stronger one of the two, even with his other form and what not else. She caught him when he stumbled, stopping him from falling over.
    "Onyx and I will always be here for you," she said. She knew that one of the healers would come over in a minute, that much was likely. How he had managed to not be killed with all those injuries was another question entirely.
    She had liked Neldor. Not to mention she had thought Glenawing was the one for her. But now, she was not so sure. All she knew was the rage inside her from what he had done of late was something that was not going to go away any time soon. She stayed still as Velatha's healing fire rushed over her, healing and cleaning the few injuries she had.
    "Do not worry about him, little one," the golden dragon said. "He will learn that you're as stubborn as your cousin. Plus, he never wanted to stay back and help in Nuduien. He's not the one for you there. You have others who were more willing."
    The golden dragon sighed, resting her head on the ground. Keya sighed, leaning back against the great head. "I don't know what to do," she replied. She felt lost and confused. She knew her words had been harsh, but he had deserved them.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:20 am

"What deal?" Auraka asked quietly, eyes narrowing slightly as he thought of what it could be. Any deal with that man couldn't be good, but if it meant the end of the war...it couldn't be that bad.
    He nodded his agreement for Drannor, knowing where she was coming from. Watching the dragon fall had been bad enough, let alone being connected with it.
    Flicking a hand, he scoffed slightly.
    "Stop worrying about me Love, you're much more important," he smiled slightly, kissing her cheek "I can handle Glenawing. I was a General, if you remember, much higher rank and better skilled then he could ever be..."

As the tears started to fall, he held her tighter and sighed softly. He knew something wasn't right with her, if there hadn't been he would of been worried.
    "Gem, the past is in the past...Terrador would of happily died if it meant saving the rest of us, you know it," he whispered gently, rubbing her back gently "don't feel guilty my love, for there is nothing to feel guilty about."

Sahar watched with a tender look as his eyes began to droop, the day's battle finally catching up on his form. He was no longer the vampire he had once been, his body needed rest and care unlike before.
    Kissing his forehead, she lowered him gently to the soft ground, piled high with blankets and got to work on sealing as many wounds as she could.
    "Rest my dear," she murmured "rest now and wait until a new day.."

If Gem needed him, well she could wait. She wasn't one for disrespecting orders, even from a friend, but her husband was more important right now. Family came first.

"No..No," he protested weakly, slurring his words together slightly from blood loss. But the goofy grin was never far from his features. She cared about him! Her persistence at helping him showed that she cared. He could be dying and he didn't even care, he was a happy man now.

He tipped slightly, again, and slid onto the ground with a soft moan of pain and struggling to his feet once more and rushing footsteps flooded his ears.

"Bloody love struck fool," muttered the aged woman, her wrinkled hands smooth over his wounds and closed them without a sound, eyes scanning over his dazed face "can't be in several places at once, can you, you idiot?"
    She scoffed his gently on the back of the head, but it had a tender glance in it. She knew just what it was like to lose a dragon.
    "Look after him, I can stop wounds but you can't replace blood," she told Rhyllae, before gathering her skirts and rushed off to help another.
    "Who knew," he giggled to himself "the old bat has a heart!"

"I'll give you old bat!" came the yelled reply before he faded into the darkness.

Edmund stood somewhat to the side of Keya, worried for both her health and being.
    "My queen..." he whispered gently, with a slow paced approach "are you alright?"
    He scanned the beautiful golden dragon at her side, watching with appreciation as she healed the small amount of wounds easily. He and his guards had done well keeping her safe, at least whilst she was near them. Her other battles had been alone, and they hadn't been allowed to intercede.

Cyara's head snaked back, flame escaping her maw as a final tribute to her mate. Tears, rarely seen upon a dragon’s beautiful features, rolled down her cheeks in streaming forms. Neldor...he was gone. Her love was gone. She was glad that Gaelira had killed the one responsible, for she would be on a rage right now if not. Anyone between her and his killed wouldn't of stranded a chance.

What now? She had a clutch to raise alone and never would she have another. Never would she love again.

"Oh Neldor.." she sighed, landing back on all fours and padded though the parting crowd, disappearing into depths to be alone. She wouldn't even respond to Sahar's calls.

eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:49 am

Glenawing

He looked out his window, his hands behind his back looking over his Island, anger still burned with in him he was not completely calm yet and Gaelira's comments angered him even more. He began to pace back and forth deep in though not paying attention to his wounds as they would heal in time. He was frustrated over Keya, he had warned her and begged her not to fight but she did not listen. I gave a chance for peace, they did not listen[i]

He walked over to a chair and sat down he muttered to him self, "If I loose Keya I will unleash all hell and they will all see my blind rage."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 am

She sighed, knowing that he was not going to like the one she had had to make. But she had not done it for herself but for the others who had lost things. She had had no part in it, other than to save the grief of more families losing people. That had been her objective. Though there was no room in her heart for a traitor, she knew that what she had done was not the easiest of things to do.

She sighed though, knowing that there was no chance of her being able to talk to him about it at the moment, but she knew she had to. It was needed, for he had to know about it. She hoped he would understand why she had done what she had.

“Just after I slew Hycis... Glenawing came. First he told me that I had done something he would have done himself. Then he said that the fighting would stop until the morning. Of course, I was not pleased to hear that, and I told him so. I had a good idea for dealing with him at the time.”

She grimaced. “Instead of all five islands flying under one banner, they would be each on their own, and only allies. That way Glenawing's peple would not be under our rule any more. However they would be bound to each other by aiding another when they called for help.”

She paused. “Unless the call for help was to be against another island themselves. Glenawing smiled at that point, and told me that he would only be content if he had two islands. I knew at that point that had I refused, for I saw the outcome if I did, that more people would die tomorrow.” She sighed. “I thought about it, and well, I chose that Numencoram the island of the Moon Dragons, would join with him. I have yet to speak with the leaders there about this. There is no chance of me giving up the dusk weyr or the day weyr. They are too loyal. I have till dawn to tell him the outcome, in person.”

She sighed at his words about Terrador. “I know Terrador knows that I had to do what I did for a reason, but its still hard. He rminded me too much of my father's dragon, Bjart.”

Gaelira knew there was little she could do for her friend, but she knew she had to talk to her at least. She was likely the only one who would be able to get though to her, other than Drannor. She knew the message that Neldor had given Drannor to pass on to Cyara, for he had told her as well, a few seconds before he had died.

She sighed as she entered the cave that led to where her friend was. Though Cyara was one of the smallest dragons, and Gaelira was herself the largest, she did not care about that. These caves were different, they expanded to accommodate the ever growing size of the dragons.

Spotting her black scaled friend she stopped where she was before moving a little closer. “Cyara. Neldor had a message for you before he died. Only two alive know it, myself and Drannor. I know Drannor would have wanted to tell you, but at the moment the grief is too much for him.” She sighed, looking at Cyara.

“Neldor will return sooner than you think. He won't look the same, nor will he have the same name, but he will return to you. He said that come the Mating Flights next year, he will return. I know not which Weyr he will be born from, but he will come once more to you. He will remember you, no matter what. He is sorry he did not get to say goodbye to you, either.”

Keya sighed, as she looked up at the approaching footsteps. She knew that there were some things that she rarely allowed the others who were under her lead to see, but now, there was no stopping it. The damage was already done, and she knew there was nothing to be done about it. Glenawing was not going to find her too welcoming any more. He had gone too far this time. Plus he had been getting a little too controlling.

She sighed. “I'm not sure what I'll do now. There has been too much lost now, for all of my friends. Both my people and Gem's are badly crippled, if Glenawing strikes again at either myself or Gem, we will fall, even combined in strength.”

It was something that was hard to deal with in her own mind. “I know though, that Gem's attempt to placate him will fail, I already know what the Moon Dragon's will say to her when she talks to them about her plan. And there is nothing we can do about this.”

She sighed. “There is one thing I have to do, and its not the easiest thing I've had to do.” She grimaced. “And that is to tell that Glenawing Firesword that his company in Nuduien is no longer welcome.”

Rhyllae smiled as she saw one of the healers come over. “Thanks,” she said. “I will.” She knew there was much that could be done at the moment.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 am

Auraka listened intently to her words, eyes scanning her face as he took on the sudden flood. The fighting would only stop until morning? Why would it continue, or was Glen dumb enough to fight until he died, for surely he would be killed. Soon as well.

"But some might want to stay under our banner...." he started but cut himself short, instead listening to the rest of her words.

"I see," he pondered for a moment, mind ticking with a plan that he knew she wouldn't like. Standing and taking her with him, he half-smiled but it didn't quiet reach his eyes.
    "Let us rest love, you are tired and the children must be missing us," he said gently, walking towards their home "we have a lot to do it seems."

Cyara's head snaked out the hole she hide in and snapped weakly at Gaelira, unable to do much else in her heartbreak. She just wanted to be alone, but she didn't mean anything by it.
    "What message," she asked softly, only the rattle of scales able to be heard in the deepest and darkest corner of the cave "what did he say?"

She blinked an audible snick of her eyelids able to be heard as she huffed a sigh and sadly eyed her white friend.
    "Why did he tell you...not me?" she whispered, uncurling herself slightly as more tears flooded from her.
    "What does he mean? How will he remember me?" she questioned, suddenly feeling much younger than her 100 odd years.
    She cut her onslaught of questions short, knowing it best never to question the way magic worked. Dragons magic was different from other kinds, always tricking the rider and even the dragon of occasions.

Edmund listened to her lost tones, trying to piece everything together and sighed softly.
    "I am afraid I cannot help you my queen," he said gently, stepping slightly closer and rested a hand on her shoulder.
    "At least not with those topics..." he said sadly, before taking a brave but hesitant step and pulled her gently into a hug.
    "But are you alright?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:38 am

She sighed as she looked at Edmund for a moment. “I'll recover, given time.” She managed a smile. “But first I have to deal with Glenawing.” She muttered something in magic and a piece of paper and a quill appeared near her on the ground. “Give me a moment, please.”

She knew though that she hadn't minded the hug, but right now she had something to deal with. She picked up the quill and started to write.

Lord Glenawing Firesword,
    This is no easy thing for me to write, but seeing as I do not wish to see you again, I must. You are no longer welcome in Nuduien, nor is Veer. Come near me again no matter where I am, and I will kill you. We're over,
    Queen Keya Ava Marcos.

The letter was written, therefore she turned to look at Edmund once more. "I had best give this to Gem to give to him when she goes to tell him. I won't give it to Glenawing myself. Did you want to come with me?"

Gem sighed. "I know there will be some who are still freinds to us. Those who do wish to stay under our banner will be welcome to do so. And sadly both Keya and I know my plan failed. I already know the Moon Dragons say no to being under Glenawing. Keya's coming and she has something for me to give to Glenawing. At least I will be able to deal with him alone, he doesn't want me hurt after all. Could i get you to go get the other lords, we need to plan."

Gaelira sighed as she looked at Cyara.
    “He did not have time to tell you before he died. And he knows that he will remember you, he loathed to part with you so soon, friend. I know not how Dusk Dragon magic works, but he will come back to you."
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 am

Glenawing

He looked as Gem appraoched him he stood up, "So I'm guessing our negotiation is effective?" he looked at her studying her and her body movements wondering if it had actually worked or he was ready to attack with in a moment notice. A fire of anger burned in his eyes though he attempted to conceal his emotions.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:55 am

“No, it was not effective, Glenawing. You said you would give us until tomorrows dawn, so you cannot attack again yet. Keya gave me something for you, but know this, what she wants you to have you only brought upon yourself.”
    Gem sighed. Then she put the unopened letter on his desk. “Oh and by the way. When next we meet, only two people will fight. You. And. Me. No one else is going to get involved this time.”
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:00 am

Glenawing

He looked up at her, "That I can not promise." he opened the paper and read it, his anger flared and the paper began to burn, fueled by Glenawing's anger and through magic, the flames were gold and did not harm him, he looked at Gem and yelled angerly, "Suraj command the armies to attack immediately and destroy all in there path leave no one who stands in there way."

Suraj looked at Glen confused, "Glen but we should wait..." he was cut off by Glen, "Attack now." Suraj looked at him questioningly, "Glen have you gone mad?" Glenawing looked at him and laughed, "No I have just found that you can never trust anyone nor let anyone come close to you."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 am

"Of course," Edmund said gently, quickly pulling away and blushed slightly at his brave movement. It wasn't proper, no matter what his feelings towards her were. He was a guard, a knight..And she was his queen.

"If you want me to," he said sweetly, gesturing for her to lead the way and tried to fade the deep red blush of his cheeks.

"Of course," Auraka said, though not wanting to leave her at all "I'll gather then in the meeting hall in an hour. Bathe and change my love, prepare yourself for a few hours discussion."
    He kissed her cheek with a gentle smile, hesitant to leave her but knowing he must.

"Good," the black dragon snorted, still somewhat crying but trying to stop the tears "I guess I will fly once more."

She stood, uncurling her whole small mass and padded past Gaelira into the entry of the cave, peering out into the vast fields of death.
    "More death will come," she said softly.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:19 am

Gem sighed, then thought, Gaelira now would be a good time to bring be back. “See you on the battlefield, Firesword.” Those were her parting words. She would fight, but she would be near Keya the whole time.

For Gaelira had blinked her there on her own. A second later she vanished and as she reappeared in the weyr near Auraka Gaelira roared in rage.

Keya appeared nearby and she knew what was happening. “My letter did not go down down well, did it?”

“I believe not. They come again, but this time, we fight together. I won't let him near you alone.”

She grinned. "Then we fight."

The other lords that were nearby nodded as well. Even the humans who had been under Hycis were ready for the fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:31 pm