Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Leaving A Note....(Erosaf)

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Leaving A Note....(Erosaf) Empty Leaving A Note....(Erosaf)

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am

Kasinda knew her mother was hurting. She knew her father was hurting. She was hurting because they were, so was her brother despite putting up a stronger front. Anyways, Taeron has someone to talk to. Kasinda was alone, with her talent of healing. But not even her powers and talents could heal a breaking, lonely heart.

Unable to deal with her mother's sadness and her father's mourning, even after all these years, she knew she had to leave. Maybe she could find her brother? Maybe she could find happiness and love like in the stories her mother used to tell her.

Her startling green orbs flickered to the window, peering out to the stary sky, wrapping her slender arms around her body as she sat on her bed.

Tonight she would leave, she decided, leaning over and grabbing a pen and paper, writing out the note she would leave behind.

Her neat scrawl began:

Dear Mother and Father,

I am leaving, I'm sorry. I cannot stay here anymore, I must travel and find my calling. The elves do not need my healing, and I miss the lands I grew up in. I will send you letters now and then to make sure you know I am safe, and I hope you reply...

Do not miss me to much, and tell Taeron I love him.

Love,

Kasinda

She wanted to write more, but the words wouldn't come. Even a few tears fell, staining the page and forcing the ink to run. But folding it quickly, and propped it up on her beside table, reaching under her bed and pulled together a small bundle of clothes together.

Kasinda listened to the sounds of the silent night, knowing that her mother and father were already in bed and that Taeron was out for the night. So, her path free, she lightly made her way downstairs, slipping into the kitchen and gathering a few items for her trip, mostly food and a few herbs that she had grown herself and merely couldn't part with before disappearing into the stables behind the family home.

"Goodbye mother, goodbye father," she whispered, swinging into the spotted mares back and trotting into the distance.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Leaving A Note....(Erosaf) Empty Re: Leaving A Note....(Erosaf)

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Drannor
    In truth he was truly asleep. During the day he tried not to think of Neldor, but at night, his nights were filled with thoughts of the memories that he had of the dragon. Memories... that was all that was left of the noble creature now that he was gone from Drannor's mind. And yet there were the words that had been stated by Gaelira that his dragon had not the strength to tell him but had the strength to tell Gaelira.

Neldor would return and that was something that he found hard to believe. How could the mighty one return to him when there was going to be no link between them? How would he recognise Neldor when he did return to life? It was something that made no sense. Finally he drifted off into a dream filled slumber.

Hybur
    He could not believe he was sixteen now. If they were in Nuban as they had been when his mother had grown up, he would have been an adult. And yet his father was very defensive of him and Meira. That was because Pollae had vanished without a trace from home one night, but there had been signs of a very silent struggle in her room.
    He missed his little sister, though they were only minutes apart. None of them were safe, it was clear that anyway. And then there was Kasinda. There were not words to describe her really. He did not know what to think there.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Sahar Ashia

Sahar rolled in her sleep, face nuzzling into Drannor's warm chest, her flat stomach resting between them. She hadn't told him yet, and wondered if he knew. In her half sleepy daze, she heard footsteps but passed it off as nothing. Cyara was always shifting around outside and making noise.

As the sun rose high into the sky, she tilted her head gently and looked at the peaceful looking Drannor. It was rare for him to look so gentle, so soft and normal. These days, it was hard not to find him a changed person and nothing like the one she had married. The death of Neldor had ended that. But she hoped that her news could bring something back, some of the spark and the man she had fallen in love with so easily.

Pulling away gently, she clambered out of the bed and wrapped a dressing gown around her, tying it before heading out of their room and down the hall.
    Knocking on Kasinda's door, she knew that she would be awake as she always was by this time and was surprised when no answer came.
    "Kas?" she called softly, pushing the door open and looked with wide green orbs at the bare room. A neatly made bed, the curtains wide open. But the only thing that caught her eye was the note with her name on the front.

With shaking hands, she grasped it and sobbed as the words hit her. Her daughter had finally left! She felt awful and knew that it was her fault. All her fault for changing at her son's disappearance, all her fault for letting Neldor die and a part from Drannor with him. Crawling onto the bed, the beautiful young elf sobbed her heart out over her daughter's bed, seeming to finally loose the last thing that had been holding her together.

Kasinda

The mare moved neatly under her, her small bodice seeming to be engulfed by her long green skirts that contrasted greatly against her grey coat.
    "Come on Saeressë," she encouraged the mare who plodded on willingly at her gentle commands "were almost there."

Her normal tell-tale red hair with put up into a tight bun, instead of the normal loose waves that would tumble down over her waist. Her eyes were bright blue, instead of their normal emotion filled green thanks to a simple spell she had taught herself. Overall, she looked slightly different and wouldn't be thought to be the person she truly was.

Looking up at the rising sun, she knew she was running out of time. Her mother would wake and find the note before the hour ended.

Swiftly she found herself at the pier, studying the few boats that would head towards the human lands for trade.
    "Sir," she called, waving a hand at a human man, one of the few on the docks. Obviously one that was heading home "would you be willing to take myself and my horse to the human lands?"

The aged man eyed her up and down, offering her a small smile.
    "And why would I do that?"
    "I'll pay you, please...my family are over there for a wedding and the boat I planned on catching is broken..." she pleaded sweetly, hoping that he would and shuffled a small money purse from her pocket handing to him "I'll be no trouble...."

"Well why didn't ya say so!" he cheered, shuffling her onto the boat "let's get you settled, we're leavin' with the tide!"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:37 pm

DRANNOR
    He leapt in that morning, a first for him in a long time. For the first time he was not unhappy as he normally was. It was something that surprised even him. And he had no idea what had caused him to be able to. The dragons were high in the sky once more over his island when he woke, but it was not they who he saw first. No the first thing he noticed was the sound of Sahar crying.
    Quickly he moved in that direction, wondering what was wrong. When he saw her and the piece of paper in her hand he was able to figure it out. Kasinda had left. That certainly made him a little less happy. His daughter was gone but where would she go? There was nowhere she would be able to travel to.
    He moved over to her and wrapped his arms around her. He knew that in part he was to blame for her vanishing.

HYBUR
    The sound of wings caught his attention as he woke up. He'd been dreaming of spending time with Kasinda, but as he noticed that the Sun Dragon's were roused and heading towards the Dusk island, he thought nothing of it. It was just another messenger he guessed going to see how Drannor and Sahar were fairing after all the things that had gone wrong.
    Not to mention Drannor having to fight for what Gem had given him, the leadership of the Dusk Dragon Weyr. He knew that Neldor's passing had put that in jeopardy, but there was nothing to be done about that at the moment.
    Maybe he would go and spend the day with his sister this time, if Taeron was not hanging about. He knew that Taeron and Meira were dating but did the other elf have to be here 12 hours a day seven days a week? he missed being able to spend time with his sister.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Sahar Ashia

She curled into his chest, crying quietly as he held her. But she was also surprised he was here. He hadn't held her like this for so long it seemed, normally it was her that went to him and tried to help him though it. But no, this time he was here. He was back...but she pushed that thought away quickly, not wanting to get her hopes up.

"She left us Drannor..." she whispered against his chest "she's gone...and it's all my fault."

Kasinda

Kasinda had never been on a boat before. Flying had always been her method of travelling as a child, sitting up behind her mother or father as they flew distances. Or walking, even horse riding. But the rocking motion of the ship made her stomach heave as she stumbled across to the boat's captain.

"You right little lady?" he asked, tilting his head in her direction and turned the wheel slowly in his hands "you look kinda' green."

"Just not used to boats Sir," she whispered weakly, sitting heavily on a pile of ropes and ran a hand though her tumbling air.

"Call me Josef," he told her, grinning to show her his few missing teeth and she couldn't help smile in return "none of this 'sir' bull- ahh stuff, I ain't no sir darling."

"Okay Josef...well where are you from?" she questioned, trying to find ways to get her mind away from her churning stomach.

"A little town called Imsomnia, in the middle of nowhere pretty much, my Da used to run a farm, crops and horses all that but he died with my Ma a few years back," he told her.

"Oh..." she instantly felt bad for asking.

"Don't worry about it Darlin' I don't mind sharing," he said seeing her startled face "what about ya? You're pretty young to be travelling on a boat with strange men."

"I'm twenty," she told him, but he simply rose an eyebrow in disbelief "really I am, and I'm travelling to a friends wedding, my family are already there...waiting for me, I just had a few reasons to stay behind for a bit longer."

"Sure sure darlin'."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:27 pm

He sighed as he held her, knowing that things were certainly changing for him at the moment. "We were both to blame, Sahar. Niether of us has been normal for a long time." His arms stayed around her. "Did you want me to get one of the riders to search for her?" He would do that anyway. There was no chance he wanted to lose his daughter.

He did not understand why, but he did feel different now. "Maybe one of the others has seen her. I'll send word to Gem at least so she knows to be on the lookout for her."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:07 pm

"Please..." she whimpered against his chest, glad to just be in his arms once more. A tear streaked down her eye but she quickly scrubbed it away and refused to let any more fall.
    "She says she want's to find Lydir! Why would she leave without asking...or at least saying goodbye!" she asked him, blinking furiously to keep the threatening tears away "gosh! Why am I so emotional...all I do is cry these days...I can't do this any more Drannor! I can't keep going around, hoping you'll be alright. That my children don't hate me for being a bad mother for the past...16 years."

She clutched him tightly once more, before pulling away and grasping his hand tightly in her's, leading it to her stomach and pressed it there.
    "I'm not cut out to be a mother again..." she whispered, hoping he would understand.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:22 am

He sighed, somewhat heavily. There were many trials they were facing at the moment, and this was another of those things. He looked at Sahar quietly, as he figured out what to say. Finally he figured out a response.
    “She knows I would have tried to stop her if she had waited to say goodbye.” He paused. “And I can understand why you feel that way love. I’ll get the riders searching, she can’t be far. And I’ll send someone to Gem as well.”
    Kasinda leaving them was indeed a blow, but he knew that they would manage to come back from this when she decided to come back. He would search for her though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:53 am