Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

2 posters

Returned For You (Erosaf)

Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Returned For You (Erosaf) Empty Returned For You (Erosaf)

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Faeron and Ani

Years had passed since he had last seen her beautiful face. Centuries had passed since he had last he had last felt her beside him, smelt her scent and spend every day by her side. He closed his eyes, picturing her long black hair and willowy frame. Her bright green eyes always sparkled around him and her laugh, he had always loved her soft laugh.

But finally he was here to return.

"Come on Ani," he whispered, sitting astride his now much larger dragon "let's go home."

It had been 16 long years since he had said goodbye to her, almost 17, and even then he hadn't had a chance to say goodbye. With the moving of the elves when he turned 15, he and his bonded hatching Ani, had been whisked away to the Moon Dragon island and trained without breaks. It was a harsh system, leaving no room for mistakes so that no one would turn out like that evil human, Lindon Marcus. Dragon's were treasured beyond belief, all training was carefully watched so that neither of the bonded would loose the other. Though, normally one would swiftly follow the other into the void it was not always the case.

He ran a hand though his haggard tresses which fell loosely around his sharply pointed chin, instead of the plaits he used to have. The years of hard work had filled his body out, though it was still more slender then a human's. A single scar ran the length of his right cheekbone, an accident during a duel and a worthless opponent.

His ocean blue eyes studied the castle in the distance, knowing that he would find them all there. And a smile crept its way onto his features at the thought of seeing her again.

He only hoped he wasn't to late.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Returned For You (Erosaf) Empty Re: Returned For You (Erosaf)

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:48 pm

The golden dragon sighed as she sat near her Rider. They had returned at last back to Meadowbrook. They had not enjoyed their training half as much as Gem had. What with Glenawing training her. She had been glad though that aunt Laura had been overseeing her training though, she remembered the many times Glenawing had copped a telling off from her. It had been a funny thing, though she never dared laugh around him.
    The dawn dragons were reverting back to the purpose they were meant to have, and with Ramoth by her side she was happy.
    Right now though Ashlere was busy, fighting against Gem. The swords constantly met, and it seemed that more than once, Ashlere was able to surprise her cousin in their duel. They were the same height and all now, but did that matter? Not really. it gave neither an advantage or anything, and this was more of a friendly spar instead of the fiercer competitions that Glenawing had put her though.
    Her long black hair fell half way down her back and though it was loosely plaited at the moment the plait was coming undone with the exercise. Eventually though, Taruth hit the ground.
    "Good work," Gem chuckled, sheathing Corellon as Ashlere froze.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:10 pm

His footsteps lead him though the unfamiliar castle, after finally getting past the guards who had taken their time remembering the boy he had once been and tried to catch up on the 'good times'.

He didn't care in all honesty. His harsh training and life had changed him, he was no longer the humours child he had once been.
    He was harder, rougher around the edges. Only the thought of Ashlere and her beautiful being had kept him sane over the long years. Only her memories could keep his anger in check as he had been beaten over and over again. She was his fighting spirit, without her...he knew he would of long broken and died at their hands.

The clanging of swords grew silent, the quiet chatter of voices filled his ears as he turned the final corner into the training yard which Ani had so kindly directed him towards.

He saw her, and he knew it was her. She hadn't changed. Still the heart wrenching beauty he remembered and savoured.
    Faeron froze at the sight of her, wanting to sink to his knees and thank the gods for keeping her safe and well. He barely noticed his queen, Gem, beside her and just stared like a star-gazed idiot, unable to move.

Talk to her...Ani suggested gently, nudging his back so that he stumbled forwards, he shot a glare back over his shoulder and Ani sighed, I'm sure she has missed you as much as you have missed her....

"H...Hi Ash..." he whispered, sending her a weak, crooked smile as he had always done as a kid "how...how have you been?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:18 pm

There was no doubt in her mind that all the training she had gotten had paid off. Though the fighting practise had been good, she had been angry at Faeron since he had not shown up at the ball. Gem stiffened in front of her, and Ashlere paused, then spun around at the words that came from Faeron's mouth.

The green eyes glared at him, narrowed dangerously. “Where the hell have you been?” she asked, snarling. She bent down to scoop up her sword before looking anywhere but at him. “You could have written at least! And you never bothered to show up for Meira, Pollae and Hybur's sixteenth birthday. Been too busy with Ani I suppose.” She shifted away, heading back towards the castle through another exit without another glance.

Ramoth growled, surging to her feet as well. “Nice timing, Faeron.” She growled at Faeron and smaller Aniel, before flying off towards where her Rider slept. It would be in Ashlere's room that she could be found. Ashlere was completely outraged when she found her, but also on the verge of tears. She was a sad sight, but what more could one expect?

Once she would have been happy to see him, but at the moment she was too angry to even think about the things that had happened since they had met. She loved him, that much she knew, but she knew that there were some things that you just could not do. He'd vanished, yes she'd known he was with the Moon Dragons, but still he could have written at least.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:59 pm

He instantly back tracked at the sound of her harsh vocals, feeling his heart crackle as if waiting for it to break. She didn't want him here.

He blinked in surprise at the sight of the slightly smaller golden dragon at her side, wondering what her name was, but his attention quickly shifted back to his beautiful girl.

Woman, he corrected himself and eyed her gently. This girl was no longer a girl, her body and actions only proved that fact.

Clearing his throat and frowning in confusion, he tilted his head to the side.
    "Ball? Meira, Pollae and Hybur's?" he asked, clear confusion lacing his tone. His gaze darted to Gem as if she held the answers, but none came.
    "What are you talking about Ash?" he demanded, hand sweeping though his uneven locks "what ball?"

His ocean blues softened slightly at the mention of not writing, and not from lack of trying. His hand rose, brushing the scar on his left side, lowering his gaze.
    "I wasn't...It wasn't allowed," he whispered so softly that he wouldn't be surprised if she didn't hear him.

Ani growled from behind him, eyes trained on the other dragon, but let her past as her rider disappeared. She felt her rider's sadness and nuzzled her snout against his chest.
    Just give her some time... She encouraged him...she doesn't know what's happened to us the past years....

Her gaze flickered to Gem still standing behind him and snorted a puff of smoke, nudging him to look at her despite the sadness he felt.

He looked at the woman that had adopted him, the one reason he still had Ani and wasn't living on the streets.
    "Hey Gem," he said softly, hoping she would be more understanding and motherly like she had always been. But she could easily be the same a's Ash, after all he hadn't contacted them in almost 17 years.

OOC: I'll most likely end up editing... But for emails that's as good a's it's gonna get.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Gem knew that Ashlere was not happy with Faeron, but she understood more than he knew. Ashlere had not been able to write to her either, but that was something she knew was how it was. Glenawing had left no time for her to relax at the Dawn Dragon Weyr.

"Hello Faeron. I guess I should answer the confusion your likely feeling at the moment. Meira, Pollae and Hybur and Auraka and my children. They turned sixteen not two days ago, and well, Ashlere was hoping you'd be there. I did send a message to the Moon Dragon Weyr, but I suppose like all their other insubordinations they did not pass on my message to you."

Gem smiled though. "It's good to have you back here, Faeron. I will have to go and talk with those Moon Dragons. Gaelira and I would go immediately but at the moment, those Moon dragons plot to kill Gaelira, so I suppose it will have to wait until another Moon Dragon rider comes here. Go after Ashlere, she is just annoyed thats all. She got back for the first time in three years two days ago, and well, she was in the same situation as you are right now. Her trainer did not allow her to write to us either, though he was an old freind of mine."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Faeron's eyed widened at the mention of her having children.
    "You had triplets?" he asked, delighted to know that he had several step-siblings and was happy for Gem and Auraka, but he sighed sadly that he had missed so much of there life.
    "I am glad for you," he said sadly, softly sighing and sweeping a hand though his messy locks.

"I would of been here had I known," he said, meeting her even gaze "truly, I am saddened greatly that I missed it....but..but," he cleared his throat a's he got stuck on the words he was trying to say.

But we didn't know anything...Ani finished for him...we know nothing but the few going on things on the island, and even then a petty few. We were kept mostly hidden, along with several other riders and there dragons and trained for....

"An elite force," Faeron finished, seeming to finally find his voice "trained purely for the reason...."
    His eyes hardened slightly and shook his head, seeming to try and rid thoughts from his mind "to purely try and kill the Queen..and her mate."
    He finished so softly and Ani nudged his arm in gentle comfort.

We have escaped...Ani told her, eyes lifting to the sky as if expecting an attack...we have completed our training and are meant to make our vows in the magic language...to kill you. It would of given us no choice, but now we are free. Though they are searching for us.

Faeron nodded his agreement at her words, smiling softly at the mention of Ashlere.

"May I search for her my queen?" he asked, wondering if she had any questions or wanted to keep him close by just incase.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:00 pm

She stood still and silent as she listened to the pair. Never in her own mind had she seen such a plot being unfolded. "Well, whoever they were, they certainly know how to block me." She was not pleased by the thought. "I have seen nothing of this plot against me, other than the things i have learnt over the past two days. But yes, I knew already. Your words only confirm things I heard yesterday."

Gem sighed as she thought about everything that was going on. "Not that Sun Dragons can defeated by those of the moon, your pardon Ani, when on my territory. They only have the advantage on their island and I will never go there alone. I will however, not allow them to put their plan in action."

She shook her head. What had she done to earn such hatred from some of her people. Had she not been the strong leader she was, she knew that by now she would have crumpled. And yet even now, her mind planned for her own future, and for that of her children. The Moon Dragons would pay for the things they had done to her.

“I guess then, that you would not have known that Pollae was there on the Moon dragon island? One of the elves there stole her from me, a year and a half ago. Auraka and I went there to get her back, not to mention punish him. She did not come back on her own though, for the brute forced her to carry his own children. She has triplets now, but she is too young.”

Gem sighed. “Go on. Find Ashlere. Only stay within the castle for now, Auraka and I will likely want to talk with you later. For now though, I think you better sort things out with Ashlere. She's changed though, so be careful around her.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:01 pm

"Yes," he replied simply despite his gruff tones, a hand sweeping once more though his untamed locks.

"I shall gather my thoughts and tell you more when I can, my Queen," he whispered, eyes filled with a deep, barely risen pain "but I must say that I cannot remember much above this that fills me...I must speak with her."

With those formal words he spun on his heel and nimbly took to the stairs with Ani by his side.

Calm young one, she soothed, all will be well, Ashlere will see reason.

Only if she will listen, he replied just a's gentle and took directions from a passing worker.

As they walked, his mind was only filled by the pained expression of her beautiful face. But how was he meant to know of the ball? He barely remembered nothing of his childhood, let alone that he had triplet step siblings. She would just gave to understand, if she didn't...well he would leap onto Aniel and fly to the furthest corner of world and die with her upon his thoughts.

His hand rose, poised and shaking slightly as he knocked before waiting for a response.

Purple dragon pumped his wings as he landed with a thud in the courtyard, his rider jumping down with the ease only a elf could hold.

His arms wrapped around Gem's waist and kissed the top of her head gently.
    "Rasjar said a unknown rider came to speak with you, is everything alright?" he questioned gently, green eyes searching her face.

OOC: ick not posting anymore on phone. Muse us ick and oats are bad cause typing is hard.
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:02 pm

She sighed as she watched him go. Gem knew that he would not turn on her. Her attention shifted though as Rasjar landed nearby and she broke into a huge smile at his words. "More than alright. That unknown rider Rasjar spoke of is not so unknown as you might think. It was Faeron and Aniel returning to us once more. They've finished their training but they had... dire news for me."

She smiled though. "It seems I was right in thinking that Glenawing was not the only one who wanted me to step down. The Moon Dragon Riders are training new riders with one thing in mind. To try and kill you... and me. Faeron told me. He told me he would let me know if he remembers anything fo use, right now he's gone after Ashlere, she gave him quite the telling off a few minutes ago for not contacting her in any way."

She chuckled. "If only we were that and carefree again." She smiled raising up on the balls of her toes to kiss him.

The head lifted at the sound of someone knocking and she muttered a spell to get rid of any sign of the tears she had shed. She sighed though, not sure what to say in reply to the knock. Finally she called, "Come in." As she spoke, she rubbed at the long golden sword, Taruth, which rested by her side, focusing on clearing off the dirt from when Gem had disarmed her.

The long black locks framed her face, sheilding her expression from the eyes of the person who was coming in. The elegant yet simple silver circlet that her mother has worn before her, symbol of her status as Steward to the Throne rested on her head once more, clean as always.

Ramoth rested at the other side of the bed, golden eyes watching as Faeron entered.

'He is persistant, little one,' she said in Ashlere's mind. 'Though his dragon is smaller than me, though she is older.'

Ashlere sighed, then raised her head to look at him, as the last bit of mud fell free. She'd deal with the mud pile later
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Auraka's hand smoothed back her blonde hair and kissed her forehead gently with a small smile, a sparkle shining in the glassy depths of his orbs at the mention of his adopted son's return.
    "That is indeed good news, my love," he whispered, pulling her in for a hug and held her gently against his muscular chest, but at the mention of what the boy had been though, his features stilled.
    "He won't be a danger will he?" he asked quietly, eyes already darting around as if searching for him and a sudden attack "he isn't going to attack?"

Faeron entered the room with his head held proud and his shoulder squared. He had decided, not matter what she had to him, no matter what she did that he wouldn't let it affect him. Years of harsh training had all but blocked the emotions that ran though him. His childhood was long forgotten, he no longer understood love and joy; pain and fear had been his only belonging in years past.

He didn't need her, yet the unfamiliar thudding of his heart seemed to protest. He pushed the door opened gently, seeming to struggle at the slow, gentle movement.
    His ocean blue depths skimmed over her features, but still he hid the emotion from his feelings.

"I wont beg," he stated "I have no reason to explain to you what I have been though...I no longer understand the rights and wrongs of the world, and only have the scars that run my lengths to thank for that."

He blinked and his hard features seemed to soften slightly and he turned, as if to head back out the door.
    "If you wish to listen and no longer treat me with hate, ask Aniel to show you the way," he finished stiffly, leaving the room with a barked order at Ani before disappearing into the castle's depths.

The small red dragon sighed, head lowering with a small sound of protest onto her claws before turning her gaze to Ashlere and her dragon.
    Please go to him, she pleaded softly, he is so lost...so different, if you knew half of what we have been forced to do then you would understand...He is changed, but not lost to you...please Ashlere, I know you loved him like he did you.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:42 pm

She sighed as she heard his words. She knew that her reaction to seeing him had not been as friendly as once she had been. But then again both of them had changed with their training. Ramoth started to say something but Ashlere raised one hand and the gold dragon refrained from saying what she had been planning.

Slowly, and a little uncertain, though she knew Aniel remembered her well enough, and she had done the same thing before Faeron and Aniel left to go to the Moon Dragons, she reached the young red dragon and gently hugged the red scales on her neck. “I'm sorry Aniel. Time's changed all of us I guess. I'll go find him, don't you worry about that.”

She sighed as she looked outside in the corridor. “Just after seeing him after so long was a little hard, I wish I had of had some warning before you both showed up, though it would have helped only a little.”

“I don't see any threat in him. He's changed, but we both knew the Moon dragons were resisting my rule.” Gem chuckled. “Aniel and Faeron escaped before they were forced to make such an oath as to fight against me when that time came. Both of them have changed, but hopefully we can get through to the boy we knew before they went away to train with Ani's kin.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Aniel snuggled her nose gently into her tight hug, remembering the closeness she had once felt to this beautiful girl that held her bonded one's heart. Not even the scarred memories of their training could make her forget the kindness of those now around them.
    I know Ashlere, she whispered softly, but he struggles everyday with a battle, we have both fought hard and I fear that he had lost a part of himself. We wanted to, but we had a struggle to get away....and Ashlere....
    The soft orbs of the small dragon lock with her own before continuing.
    He did try to send you letters...the punishment almost sent him to his death several deaths as well as mine before I refused to let him try anymore...as much as we both missed you and our family, it was better to think that you thought we were safe and merely busy with training and did not care, then having us dead and never able to return.
    She nudged her chest once more with a gentle look and pushed her towards the door.
    Go find him, she ordered softly, try and understand...

Auraka nodded, though his mind still aware to any possibility of attack that could happen.
    "Does he know when they will attack? " he asked "what else did he say?"
    He was worried for his family once again, sick of all this constant danger that followed them around in recent times. He just wanted to disappear sometimes, family in tow and stay hidden and safe with them for the rest of his years. But he knew that could not happen, he was a knight and a Prince Consort, and Gem was a queen. Neither of them had a say in their private lives.
    "We must ready for attack..." he said gently
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:13 pm

She sighed as she looked at the red dragon. “I understand,” she replied. She sighed though. Time had taken its toll on all of them. “While you two have been gone.. there has been a lot of hardship. Gem and I are sick of all the toils that have been brought down upon us, sadly there is nothing to do about it. Now you both come with word of more trouble coming. It has kept us all stressed out.

Smiling though, she headed out of the door, knowing she would be able to find him eventually. Her own sword remained in her room.

Ramoth looked over at Aniel. Though she was bigger than Aniel, she was younger by several years. Their breeds though caused the height difference. “She is different from when when you and Faeron knew her. I fear that her training was as hard as your own, we struggled to escape ourselves to come home.” She did not move though.

Gem smiled at him. “No, he does not know when. He said he'd let me know if he thought of anything we could use the knowledge of. I still trust him, I know our Faeron is inside him somewhere.” She sighed. Her mind was drifting now to where Pollae could be. She was still missing.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Aniel lifted her head, raising it so that it was almost level with her much large height.
    "How old are you?" she questioned the dragon, eyeing her up and down. Not in a rude way, nor a offensive manor, if anything the smaller dragon seemed more motherly than many creatures.
    "Who was your master?" she asked gently, settling herself across from the younger dragon as they waited for their rider's return.

Faeron's hand loosely rested against the pommel of his red tinted blade, a sigh escaped his lips but the emotion stayed blank across his handsome, yet scarred face. He was merely wandering aimlessly, no thoughts upon his mind as he tried to forget the dangers that would be ahead, and the struggles that would soon appear. He had escaped! That thought brought the hint of a smile to his lips, but it didn't last long as he sat beside the lake between the trees. No one was around, the town seeming quiet and nothing like the orphanage he had grown up in. He wondered if they had moved as well, and if Nurse Willow was still alive. He could barely remember what the aged human had looked like.

Auraka nodded and felt her sigh, holding her close and knew that her thoughts were towards their missing daughter.
    "We'll bring her back," he promised "soon as well."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Ramoth sighed at the questions. “I am three years old now, Aniel. My name is Ramoth. Ashlere has told me much of you and Faeron.” She smiled slightly. Then she lowered her head in annoyance at the thought of their master. “My master was Veer. Ashlere's was Glenawing. We were somewhat lucky. He only beat us when Rider Laura and golden Bizandra were not watching us. Which was often enough.” She sighed.
    “My rider is scarred from her training. Heavily, though you would not have seen the lines. Most of them are concealed by her clothing, and hair, but there is one which is bad. Perhaps in time she may show Faeron, but she is embarrassed by it, hence why she keeps it hidden.”

She sighed as she spotted him near the pond. She stopped though when she saw his hand rested against his sword. She had left hers home in her room, as it was not needed here. She was safe here, and so was he. Unless of course he did turn on them, but why would he? Always she had believed Faeron to be good, and she hoped that somehow she would be able to being back the Faeron she loved.
    She sighed and then continued on, knowing the story from the link with Ramoth, but she wanted to hear it from Faeron himself. “I'm sorry,” she said, stepping out where he could see her. “I'm sorry for how I reacted when you first came to Gem and I. That was not deserved from me.”

“I hope so,” Gem replied, leaning into him. “I just worry so much for her. My mind searches for her, but I cannot see her.” She sighed. “I don't know what's blocking me this time. Last time it was Mintaur but none of them roam here, we left them in Nuban.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:58 am

Aniel nodded her lithe head sadly in understanding.
    "Alas," she said "I understand all to well what you mean....Faeron is covered with scars, and not all can be hidden."
    She sighed softly, eyes filling with sorrow for one so young to have had it so tough.
    "Call me Ani," she urged gently with a small smile "I think that soon we shall be spending a lot more time together."

He froze at the sound of her voice, eyes half closing at the musical sound of her voice as a shiver rang along his spine. Emotions he was no long familiar with racked his very being and confused his mind to more extent, but slowly he shifted his weight and the tight grip on the pommel of his sword loosened.
    "We have all changed," he mumbled softly, eyes still looking out over the glistening water, though his whole body was in tuned to all of her movements.
    He lapsed into a powerful silence before huffing loudly, his hand once more seeking the comfort of his longish tresses before he leapt to his feet, spinning nimbly to study her.

"I don't remember Ashlere," he pleaded for her to understand, seeming every part the broken and weeping man. He fell to his knees with his head bowed low, unable to meet her lovely gaze no more, nor hide his own pain from her glance.
    "I don't remember anything. You, Gem, Auraka....I am broken and cannot be repaired," he whispered, the loose tresses falling to cover his face and the scars from view.

Once a strong warrior, now nothing more then a broken boy. He had always had it hard, with no parents and no life until he found Aniel and had lived in fear until finally being adopted by his queen herself. But, even with things started looking up, fear struck and he was forced away once more.

Years of hard training, of harsh punishments had changed him. His hands no longer the gentle, caring plains of love, rather the calloused hands of hard work. Scars now run his length, once again proving that he was no longer the unmarked child of his past. Thickly corded muscles ran his body, making it seem even somewhat human in appearance seeing as he was no longer as slender and willowy as his own kin. But he didn't care, honestly he no longer cared about anything other then Ani. And this girl, no woman, before him.

She was the one that had given his strength, not that he remembered half the things between them, but the mere image of her behind his lids had kept him alive even during the hardest of days. Several times he had tried to take his own life, until Aniel had reminded him of the beautiful girl waiting for his return. But when she had shunned his approach, shunned his very being for never being in contact with him, the small part that had been holding him together disappeared. He no longer had a reason to live.

So he rested on his knees, head shunned towards the ground as if waiting for death to strike. He barely heard the apology that rolled from her tongue as his ocean orbs half-closed to withhold the mist forming within.

Auraka clutched his wife close, knowing as well as understanding the worry that ran within her. They were his own worries, but they had to be strong. They couldn't afford to show weakness.
    "We will," he promised again "I would never leave her there.....not that we know where she is now."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 am

She was a harder woman these days, she had been lonely more than some, namely Gem, Auraka and Ramoth, realised. There was no way she had been completely there for a while, she had missed Faeron terribly while she was training. She knew that there were some things that could not be changed, but that would eventually. Though he was older than her, there had been a time when they had seen things the same way, she knew that.

Faeron though was different, as was she. Neither of them had seen each other in a long time, but she knew that nothing had changed in her mind when it came to them. After all their weyrs were allies, as much as she hated to think about it. Had no one thought to get rid of the scars that were part of him before? “I wish Ramoth had been a Moon Dragon, then we would have been training together,” she murmured.

She blinked though when he fell to his knees and moved over to him, unable to stay away. She was not sure though how he would react, but she moved anyway. She did not know why she did, but it was not long before her slender yet much more muscled arms wrapped around him. She knew one thing, she did still care about him, and right now she hated herself for how she had reacted to seeing him again for the first time in so long.

If he did hit her or something she knew that at the moment she deserved it.

“Only if our Riders can forgive each other,” Ramoth replied. “It seems that Ashlere wants to forgive Faeron, but right now she's not sure if he'll see past her initial reaction to his return. She hates herself for it, she really does.” The golden dragon sighed, looking out at the window for a few moments. “Believe me, Ashlere and I got much the same reaction from Gem when we first returned to Meadowbrook. But then again so did Gem's father when he revealed himself to be alive to Gem and Gaelira, a long time ago.”

“I know we will. It's just difficult for me, Auraka,” Gem replied. “I just don't understand why first Glenawing attacked and now someone else has taken our daughter. The two are not linked, i've been watching Glenawing's island. She is not there. He's oblivious to Pollae even being missing. He's too busy gloating over the fact he lost few warriors in comaprison to the hundreds we lost.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:26 am

Faeron's head remained bowed, but her every shift of weight was noted even without his glance. He was trained to be one with everything around him, and as much as he hated the harshness he had been forced though it had proved helpful on many times.

But he flinched at the mention of her training by his side and instantly shook his head, the loose tresses flying in all directions.
    "No," he said ferociously "never wish that Ashlere, never wish such a thing!"

As she tugged him into her embrace, he remained stiff as if not used to such kindness and battled within himself not to flinch away from her soft touch. Her familiar scent filled his nose, overpowering all other senses until a puckered scar caught his eye. From the tip of her left shoulder blade and curving across her chest, only a mere inch or two above her plump breasts until it folded into the top of her right shoulder,it held his attention and his breathing increased and his gaze lifted only slightly so that it locked with hers.
    "How did that happen?" he asked with a whispered, a hand reaching to brush it gently along her shoulder, not seeming to notice he was dangerously close to her, but an anger laced his tone as if the thought of her being touched so was unbearable.

Aniel nodded her understanding, allowing a sigh to huff from her chest and flickered her gaze to the sky, seeking for the bond between her and her rider only to find it closed, a common frequency with Faeron these days. And not that she let onto it, but every time he blocked her from his mind, she felt her caring heart tear a little more. They had been though so much, and yet it seemed he still didn't trust her.
    She lowered her head once more upon her claws and sighed heavily with sadness.

He growled tightly at the mention of Glenawing, tightening his hold of his beloved Gem.
    "And he won't either," he told her firmly "she'll be back before he knows."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:58 am

"I was training," she replied slowly. This was one of the hardest things that she had to talk about. "Some idiot angered Ramoth and she was a little too close. She would have killed him and I didn't want that. I got in the way. She hates herself for it."

Ashlere sighed. "We try not to think of what could have happened if one of the older Dragon Riders had not found me." She'd been close to dead when she'd been found.

"Sadly my trainer didn't take lightly to this, as soon as I was healed he put the pressure back on me." She sighed. "It's not the only scar I've got." She knew that would anger him, but she did not really care. He needed to know.

"Hmmm. My rider just told yours about one of her scars. We might want to get out there, he seems to be rather angry about seeing that," Ramoth commented.

"I don't want him to know. Not after saying it was my fault Neldor died. When it was completely his fault. At least with my mother over there he can't threaten me without her dealing with him." To think he was the reason Ashlere was scarred on her back. None of the others knew, because that was something Gem planned on dealing with herself.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Anger flowed in his veins, another emotion he had struggled to keep under his control. But at the thought of another hurting her, even her own bonded was hard to understand.Part of him wanted to hold her, just to make sure she was actually okay, the other half wanted to scold her for being so stupid. But then again, if she understood half of what he had been though she would most likely scold him for it.
    "I see," he managed to reply between teeth and suddenly ripped his hand away as if on fire and pulled away from her embrace, not trusting himself to be close to her.

"You shouldn't be around me," he whispered so softly that even with her heightened senses she would struggle to hear.

"He won't harm her," Aniel said simply, not going to move "and she'll be fine."
    The smaller red dragon knew it to be the truth, for her rider had only ever had one weakness. Ashlere. Even if he couldn't see it himself.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 pm

She winced when he pulled away from her. It was not something she was happy about but she did not want to give up on him. “Faeron...” she stopped, not sure what to say at all. After all this time, this was not something she had been able to

Ramoth sighed. “No one could hurt her worse than I once did when someone angered me too much.” She sighed, embarrassed.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Aniel nodded her small head, reaching her nose to nudge the other dragon in comfort.
    "And none should have been though what Faeron had done and survived," she said gently "everything happens for a reason, little one, and the reasons don't always have to be good."

Faeron's shoulders hunched together, his back bowed so that he appeared much shorter then his true frame. It shuddered slightly, as if shivering in a cool breeze but it merely from the anger he felt at himself, the inability to control himself.

Then suddenly he span around facing her, eyes alight with the past years emotions finally surfacing.
    "I'm dangerous!" he told her, as if wanting her to run away from him "I have killed, without a thought, without honour! Ashlere I am a bloody murderer."

Ripping his tunic from his body, he showed her the scars that riddled his body.
    "Punishment," he hissed, pointing out a particular nasty scar that ran his hip before disappearing into his pants.
    "Do you know how many times I have been killed, or at least should of been killed?" he asked and laughed with humour "more times then I can count! I have been brought to the brink of death so many times that I wonder if life is worth living! And then I try to kill myself, several times I may add, and Aniel always stops me! You know how? You want to know how?"

He strode powerfully towards her, his chest rippling with the scars and muscles on show "you! She said you're name, brought memories that had been driven from my mind! You are the reason I live today! And I can't help myself around you!"

His harsh appearance seemed to fold then, slouching as if all energy was gone.
    "And I left you for 16 years...I don't deserve you, I don't deserve anything....you have a different life now...you're most likely married to some rich, high ranking friend of Gem's..." he scoffed, but there was a sadness in the movement "I have to go..."

He turned then, as if to storm off but stopped himself at the last moment.
    "I hope you found happiness....."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 pm

“I know that,” Ramoth sighed. Then jokingly she replied, “Hey who you calling little? I'm bigger than you, Ani!” It seemed she had her Rider's teasing nature in her as well. She knew she was younger but she was bigger, that much could not be avoided. It was only to do with their different breeding, that was all.

She blinked letting him vent him anger out at what had happened to him in the time he was gone. There was nothing else she could do. Finally though he stopped, but before he had, her face was in her hands, he had curled up into a ball where she sat, hands on her knees. Several tears ran down her cheeks. “You're wrong,” she choked out, not looking at him. He was wrong about her. She really felt like she had lost him, but there was no chance she would ever move on and find someone else.

There was the sound of dragons wings and Gaelira was suddenly there, Gem climbing down from her.

It was Gem who finished what Ashlere would have said. “You don't know how much you're wrong Faeron. Ash has never moved on from you, and I would never make her do such a thing. The whole time you were gone, she waited for you to come back.” Though her voice was calm, it was clear she was not pleased with him at all for this. “If you would listen to her, you'd know that.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:02 pm

His arched back at her sobbed words, but still he didn't turn to face her, instead battled with his own emotions that were forcing their ways to the surface. But at the landing thud of Gaelira, he swirled around and sword at the ready, having not noticed it until it was to late.
    But seeing Gaelira's familiar white head, it lowered slightly until he finally tucked it away at the sight of Gem. It wasn't until then did he notice his defensive position in front of Ashlere did he quickly straighten himself and move closer to the water's edge.

"I don't know anything anymore!" he roared, breaking the silence and pressed a hand into his hair as if the words pained him "I don't know what to say! What to do! I don't know who I even am!"
    His ocean blue orbs filled with pain flickered to Ashlere.
    "You'd be better if you did move on," he whispered before turning on his heel and storming off into the forest.

The older dragon laughed gently, shaking her head in amusement.
    "Size means nothing," she said with a smile "and I like being smaller, means I fit in places big oaf's like you cannot."
    She nudged her playfully with her muzzle, trying to find Faeron once more but the walls were still up.

But as they were broken though, not at his command but by the pain that controlled him she was on her feet and in the sky in an instant, worry flooding though her small bodice as she soared though the blue skies.

The great hulking body of Gaelira and the smaller forms of Gem and Ashlere came into view, and nimbly the little dragon landed, eyes etched with worry as she scanned the clearing for Faeron.

"What happened?" she asked, tail flicking in worry "where did he go?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:40 pm