Forces Collide

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forces Collide

One world torn apart by war. Another to be discovered. Who is going to survive this battle?

4 posters

Am I worthy? And Must you go? [ESS, KANCHANA, DKT]

dragonknight1400
    dragonknight1400
    Human

Am I worthy? And Must you go? [ESS, KANCHANA, DKT] - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I worthy? And Must you go? [ESS, KANCHANA, DKT]

Post  dragonknight1400 Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:09 am

Tirach paced forward and back.....Nub an was to be left behind soon and he hadn't completed Gems mission for him. Her sister still remained missing. He needed help, and he needed help fast.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Am I worthy? And Must you go? [ESS, KANCHANA, DKT] - Page 2 Empty Re: Am I worthy? And Must you go? [ESS, KANCHANA, DKT]

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:15 am

He muttered something under his breath, but nodded slightly.
    "Be quick," he called after her, pacing the room himself. Something was in the air, and he assumed it to be the over looming move upon all elves.....but you could never know.

Gaze captured by a pacing Tirach, he moved to his side with a confused look.
    "Why are you pacing?" he questioned the elf "has something happened?"

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 am

Tirach would not get a chance to answer this time though, for Gaelira seemed to raise her head, as did Velatha. Both seemed to be humming this time. There was clear pride in the two sisters hums though, clearly they were pleased with how things were turning out for the elves and for the humans.

Gem smiled, looking at her cousin. The she looked towards the stairs. "You ready, Keya?"

"As ready as I will ever be," her cousin replied, nervously. For her this was a big deal for there was not a man she would have chosen as her king at this point. Glenawing was the one who at the moment held her heart, but if he left, she was not sure what she would do there.

So much had happened in the short amount of time since she had learnt that she was a Princess, but she knew that everything that had happened had happened for a reason. Even her father's death had been needed, else none of them would have been here today.

Slowly both of them moved down the stairs, to stand between the middle of the two curved staircases. Gem knew that she was the one who was running this, this time.

Gem stepped forwards on the little raised platform they were both standing on.

"For too many years to count, there has been much war and fighting in this land. Now though, seeing as Lindan Marcos is dead, though i know that to be to my own hand, we are at peace. The peace that my brethren wanted, Lindan Marcos never allowed to happen, but since the time he died, Keya and I have agreed to stop the fighting, once and for all."

She paused, to gather the thoughts of the speech she had been waiting a long time to say. "After he events of today, my time as queen here in Nuban will end. No, I will not lose my title, but I will take it with myself and my brethren, as we sail away, to search or our long lost home, of Felarathael."

She smiled. "Keya and I also discussed what would happen should there be such a danger that Keya's forces alone cannot repel it. To this I have put in much thought. Should there be a time when more help is needed, the elves will return to Nuuban, but they take their orders from me, and I will take those orders from Keya."
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 am

Auraka sat proudly before Gem and Keya, proud of what he wife was doing and that future they would have ahead. Only vast plains of choices lay ahead, so many chances of a happier life for his children and people.

He listened carefully to her words, knowing how hard it would be for them all to leave these lands, but knew it was something for the better.

Sir Edmund Kiendellyn watched from the entry way, shoulders set back and his sword by his waist. Intelligent green eyes sparkled under his brown locks as he watched the speeches continue. As a proud knight of the yellowjackets, he was more then proud watching his beautiful princess be crowned.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:53 am

She sighed, eyeing all the people before them. “I know there is no one more worthy of this, than Keya herself. Over the past few months, we have worked tirelessly to get Nuban back the way it was before towns were destroyed. Now that that task is done, I have been training her the whole time, so that she will know what to do when we are gone. We would not be leaving if I did not know in my own heart and mind that she was ready to take what is rightfully hers.”

Gem smiled, knowing that was the last of the speech she had planned. She could see Eltaor and the other Centaur smiling from the back of the room, waiting for the things to happen that had to. Gem and Keya both moved off of the platform, and it vanished, revealing the pair of white marble thrones that had had many kings and rest on them.

Gem moved to stand off to one side of them, while Keya moved to sit down on the one Gem was next to. Gem turned once more reaching down and lifting the more simple crown from the pillow next to the seat.

"Will you solemly promise and sweare to Governe the People of this Kingdome of Nuban and the Dominions thereto belonging according to the Laws and Customs agreed upon at the formation of this realm?"

"I solemnly promise so to do."

"Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgments?"

"I will." Both times she spoke the words in the elves tongue as well as her own human one.

Gem smiled at her, and she bowed her head. Carefully the crown was placed where it would remain for a long time to come. Turning to face all the assembled elves, humans and centaurs that were looking on happily, she moved away from the new queen, so she was not blocking either from view and said, in a loud and clear ringing voice, "I now present to you Nuban's new monarch, Queen Keya Ava Marcos, leader of Nuban!” This said even she bowed in the normal elves fashion.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Auraka lowered his head slightly in Keya's direction, smiling from ear to ear. He was so proud of both of them, and knew how hard they had both worked.
    He had helped a little, but he had much of his own work and Gem's work to do as well. They had come so far in such a short amount of time.

Edmund watched his princess, now queen, allow the crown to be rested upon her brow, and as one all the guards banged against their shields to cheer their new monarch.
    "Long live Queen Keya!" they cried.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Rhyllae was grinning from where she was, she had been part of the group of guards who had cheered. She knew that some of the others were still against the elves, but they were slowly starting to learn that Gem and her kindred were not as bad as Lindan Marcos had made them out to be. After all, they had accepted Kiiron and her into the group, even though they had elven blood in them, Kiiron more so than her.

“Everything that was once mine, Keya, is yours now.” Gem smiled at her cousin. Never would they truly refer to each other with their respective titles unless there was a great need for such a thing. “Be sure to let me know when you find yourself a king, won't you?” For Auraka would have to be there for that one.

“I will Gem,” Keya replied. “And thank you, for helping me get back what's meant to be mine.”

“It was nothing.” both of them knew it was a lie, but none of the humans, or elves, other than Auraka and Drannor knew that.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Kiiron stood proudly beside Rhyllea, cheering softly beside her. He wasn't one to be loud, even for such an event, and the other guards easily made up for his lack of noise.

Auraka smiled from where he stood, as everyone stood and mingled together. The ceremony was complete, a new queen was on her rightful throne.
    He approached Keya and his wife, arm wrapping around her waist and kissing her forehead.
    "Well done you to," he said, turning to face Keya "you shall be a wonderful queen, and we will never be that far away..."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:40 pm

“Only as far as a dragon can blink,” Gem chuckled. “Which the extent of how far they can blink at most is not yet known. I know that Gaelira managed to blink from Taror all the way to the mountains above Caran Pinnath, completely opposite corners of the land.” She laughed. There was so much that had been happening, it was good to not have to worry about any of it any longer. “I will come and visit you when I can,” she added as an afterthought. “We'll stay in touch, you know that.”

Keya smiled at them both. “Thanks. Though I couldn't have done it without either of your help, and you know it. Though Hycis still being free is another issue entirely. I'll let you know if I do happen to find her again.” That she knew was going to be a bit of a thorn in her side, but she would get past it one day or another.
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

"Of course," Auraka agreed easily, knowing they would if it was for work, or merely pleasure of keeping in touch with old friends.

"And we will return the favour," Auraka said readily "the sooner she is gone, the safer we can all live and rest happy."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 pm

“I only hope that is true.” She sighed. “I think that one of the others found something yesterday. Something that's linked with Ashlere's disappearance. Velatha's checking that out at the moment. She was hurt a good deal, but Velatha's completely healed her.” Keya smiled. Then she blinked. “They're almost back here now.”

There was a roar and everyone looked out the huge window, out of the sky soared a massive golden dragon. Velatha settled, and the first person to reach her was Keya. Most of the others were staying out of her way, seeing as everyone knew that the dragon was not the easiest to get along with unless you had a dragon yourself.

“Sorry I'm late,” the dragon chuckled, “However I think I had good reason enough.” She looked back to the saddle behind her neck. “You can get down now, dear.” She crouched, and slowly another elf climbed down.

The figure was slight and dark haired, but there was a more regal air to her, which was noticeable. Then Gem was there, hugging her cousin. “Ashlere!”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:08 pm

"Ashlere!" cried a voice, Faeron's footsteps running towards her and tackled her in a tight hug, but took care to try and not hurt her much.
    He kissed her forehead, holding her tightly as tears of relief filled his orbs.
    "You're okay...you've come back," he whispered, rocking her gently and clutched her close. Ani, his little red dragon, scampered around his feet and peered up at Ashlere with wide eyes, nuzzling her leg. It seemed she liked Ashlere as much as her rider did.

He blinked as he remembered all the people circling them, pulling away but never removed his hand from around her waist and looked sheepishly towards Gem, his adoptive mother, Auraka, adoptive father, and the rest of the elves and friends gathered today.
    "Sorry.." he mumbled, arm tighting wrapped around her waist.

Auraka chuckled, tugging Gem into his own embrace and watched the young couple. It was clear how much Faeron adored his younger cousin and knew it would be a hard to break bond, even if they wanted to.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:18 pm

A few of the other elves were staring at Ani, not Faeron. But they were smiling as they saw her though. Clearly there was nothing to worry about there for them. She was a little winded if anything when Faeron leapt at her.

Velatha chuckled, spread her wings and leapt across the courtyard, vanishing into her den. She turned around, resting her head outside the den, but no other part of her. The head was enough room taken. She was tired, and soon her eyes closed, deep in sleep.

“It's good to have you back, Ashlere.” Gem was extremely pleased. Velatha would never know how grateful she was.

I shall let her know when she next wakes, Keya mentally reminded her. She had to fight Cynder to get Ashlere back for you. She needs to sleep for a while.

Gem nodded, and smiled at Faeron. “Well, I guess everyone knows about Ani now.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:05 pm

He mumbled something under his breath before clearing his throat and repeating it softly.
    "She has no wish to stay hidden," he whispered "she no longer wants to hide and wants the world to know I am a rider."
    He smiled slightly as the young red dragon padded up to his side, nuzzling it tenderly.
    "Will will grow together, and be the strongest pair yet she says," he finished with a soft chuckle, scratching just below her throat and listened to her proud hum.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 pm

"I doubt stronger than my Gaelira, Ani," Gem chuckled, in good humour. "But you never know your luck." She raised one eyebrow at the young dragon. "Then again, you'll have us to train you, so you never know, you might just surprise us." She smiled.

Keya grinned at him. "It is a good thing to not keep them hidden when they do not want to hide. Things get a little weird if we try." She was pleased. Then she looked at Gem. "I have to go check one of the walls. Apparently its been damaged by something. I'll see you and Auraka for dinner."

Gem nodded. She watched as Keya carefully moved out fo the room. For a moment she wondered if Rhyllae and Kiiron were going to tail her as they were meant to, before she smiled and looked at Ashlere. "Now what on earth happened to you?"
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Ani chuckled softly to herself, humming with content and lent against Faeron's side as he spoke. She enjoyed being around others, very much drawn to the 'two-legged' race.

Auraka nodded, telling Keya they would indeed see her soon and turned to Ashlere, wanting to know just what had happened.
    "Yes, please tell."

Kiiron shared a look with Rhyllae, nodding once before following his newly crowned queen out of the hall.
    "Queen Keya," he called softly "Rhyllae and I are on guard today, we will follow at a distance..."

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Ashlere thought for a moment. “I spent most of that time with Hycis, though I could not see where we were. She moves often, never spending a night in the same place as she spent the last. Though I know where she last was, she'll have moved again by now, so there is no point in me telling you.”

Ashlere sighed. There were some things that were not pleasant. “Keya needs to be on her guard though. Most of what I heard was against her. Hycis is planning, and she is not going to do anything for a while yet. It was her own mistake of leaving me ungagged and not blindfolded this morning that helped Velatha recover me.”

Keya turned to look at the two elves. Then she smiled. “Of course.” She knew that the route she would take would lead them directly past Rhyllae's father's house. This she told Rhyllae in her own mind.

Rhyllae smiled. “Looks like you'll get to see the farm I grew up on, its on the way,” she told Kiiron.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Glenawing

He smiled as Gem placed the crown on Keya's head, he knew that she would be disappointed that he wouldn't remain in Nudien, he began to walk towards her and looked at her guards, "You two can stay here, she'll be fine with me." he walked over to Keya and grinned, "Does this mean I have to call you Queen Keya now?" he kissed her and said quietly, "I need to talk to you alone.".
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 am

She was surprised at what Glenawing said. “no, I'll always just be Keya to you.” She smiled though. “And I would prefer that they come, I have some business to attend to with them as it is.”

“No, it's alright My Queen. We'll come another time.” Rhyllae spoke quickly. “We wouldn't want to intrude.” neither of them was allowed to pick a fight with Glenawing at the moment, Sahar's orders.

Keya nodded. “Well I best get moving.” There was a wall to check on. So saying she left where the other two were.

Rhyllae sighed, looking at Kiiron. Everytime, something had to get in the way. She had heard of Glenawing too.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:37 am

Glenawing

He looked at the guards and then Keya, he said to her calmly, "I won't be able to stay Keya." he paused, "but, but I will come back as much as I can Keya and if you ever need me you know how to contact me," he smiled, "Your duty is to your people as it is mine, I still love you but I also have to think of them, I promise you I will come back for at least a week every month and stay and spend time with you only."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:52 am

“Only if I have that time to spare,” she replied. “Things are going to be a little hairy for me for a bit. What with having to get people back to the way they were before things got out of hand with my father.”

She sighed. There was so much to do still, Gem and her had only truly taken the tip off the iceberg of work that was left for her. “I'm going to be busy for a long time, Glenawing. Give me a few months, would you? So I can try and get things back in order here.”

Clearly she was not pleased about having to ask that of him, but at the moment, it was a needed thing.
    eragonshadesslayer
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  eragonshadesslayer Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:58 am

Glenawing

He nodded, "A few months," he muttered, "Alright if that's what you need I'll be fine with it." he smiled though he was a bit annoyed that he would have to wait a few months. he took her hand, "Let's go back shall we."
    Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

She thought for a moment, for a good time for him to come back. “Come back on the first day of Winter. I should have enough done by then.” It was two months away, but she knew she would be able to live through the time away from him. It seemed the best of things to do at the moment. She sighed. “I'm sorry that it has to be so long, but I doubt that gem could spare you any time sooner either.”

She smiled at him. “Both of us have much to do now, I think. Plus, I believe Gem has a surprise for you, and that it will make the time go very fast.”
    Kanchana
    Kanchana
    Dragon Rider in Training

Post  Kanchana Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 am

Kiiron bowed his head, stepping back with Rhyllea and watched as Glenawing and Keya spoke.
    "We'll watch from a distance," he murmured softly, settling back against the wall and sighed.
    Smiling gently, his orbs sparkled.
    "Sounds good," he murmured.

Faeron trembled at her words, worry growing for her even more.
    "You are so brave," he whispered, clutching her hand tightly, listening to her story with wide eyes. He knew there was more she wasn't saying, but he would ask later.

Erosaf
    Erosaf
    Admin

Post  Erosaf Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 am

Gem sighed. "And she will be, once I let Keya know what my damned sister is doing at the moment." She smiled though. "Thank you, Ashlere."
    Ashlere grinned. "Just doing my job, my Queen." She knew that her mother had been every bit as tough as she was turning out to be, and that she knew was most certainly a good thing, Gem needed someone like Nuala doing Nuala's job.
    Rhyllae sighed, thinking for a moment. How was the best way to tackle what her mother was becoming. "At least our plan will work about my mother. So far, she has not tried anything else." She smiled at Kiiron. There were some things that never changed.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:02 pm